Adding a receiver---help

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Hello all
Dish member for 6 years, leasing HD 625 using in dual mode. Have inlaws coming to help with new baby for about 3 months or so. I have never taken advantage of those 4 rooms free offers cause I never needed more than 1 receiver. I want to keep using the 625 in single mode so I can continue using the dual tuner features.

1) Does anyone know if I can lease/whatever a receiver for only the 3 months?
2) Can that additional receiver have its own programming package?
3) I currently have a coax feed into a splitter in the back of the 625. I will need another cable run up to the bedroom to feed that second receiver, right? Can I put a splitter/whatever right before the splitter that feeds the 625, and use the that to feed the second receiver? I dont want to have a cable running along the outside of the house to feed that bedroom, drilling a hole, etc.

Thanks and happy holidays,
N

1) no, if you want to have for 3 month just buy your own box.
2)yes, if you activate it
3) no splitters, you going to have to run new cable from dish to the bedroom

1) Does anyone know if I can lease/whatever a receiver for only the 3 months?

You can just cancel service on the 'new' receiver after the three months, but in order to get it you may have to extend your agreement another one year or 18 months.

2) Can that additional receiver have its own programming package?

To the best of my knowledge, no it can't.

3) I currently have a coax feed into a splitter in the back of the 625. I will need another cable run up to the bedroom to feed that second receiver, right? Can I put a splitter/whatever right before the splitter that feeds the 625, and use the that to feed the second receiver? I dont want to have a cable running along the outside of the house to feed that bedroom, drilling a hole, etc.

By splitter, I'm assuming you mean DP seperator. You will need another line from the Dish to feed the new dual-tuner. You can not trunk seperators together.

VA

For 3 months just back feed the 625 second tuner.

thanks boba. But I want to keep the dual tuner features of the 625. If I ''backfeed" the other tv with it, I will lose the dual recording feature (watch program a, record prog b).

So it looks like I HAVE TO run another line from the dish to the room? Damn. Right now I have a single line coming in that goes into a separator (separator A) which feeds both inputs of my 625. Can't I put another separator/whatever (B) before existing separator A so as to feed that second TV?

N

no you cant do. it wont pass voltage right. if you look at separator side a is DC pass port 2 is not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts