Adding A Tivo Unit - Installation ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmodawg44

Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
I recently a 3 room system. One room has an R10, while the other two rooms have the standard receivers. The dish is an 18x20 with a triple LNB. I was thinking about adding an additional Tivo unit in one of the bedrooms. I am guessing that I will need to run an additional coax line to the unit. Do I have enough outputs on my current system to make this happen? If not, will it work with just one input? What functionality will I lose if I use only one input? THanks.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

You currently have 3 receivers with one of them being an R10, correct? The R10, I'm assuming, has both coax lines run to it right?

The triple LNB dish has a built in 4 port multiswitch. You are currently using all 4 ports with your current setup. What you would do is get a 4X8 multiswitch, that is if you want both lines hooked up on the new DTivo. If you're getting this done with Directv or VE the installation should include the multiswitch, at least mine did when I added my HDVR40 Hughes model.

You can operate it with just one line, but you will be limited in that you will only be able to record one thing, and if you do that you will have to watch what you are currently recording.

Ditto what Neutron said... You can operate the R10 on one tuner, but you really won't truely appreciate what the dual tuner TIVO can offer you. Good luck.

I second everything these guys said, my single tuner lasted a whole day, I hooked up a second tuner and now I am in R10 heaven, hope you enjoy tivo is the best out there

Side note- Hey Neutron check your PM's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)