adding additional receiver

_Poppy_

Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Florida
adding 3rd receiver

I have Dish 500 antenna and 522 and 322 receivers. Thinking of getting HD with 722 receiver. Dish Tech Support says that I can connect 3 dual receivers to power 6 TVs. I would like to do this myself. Anybody know what is invoved.

Last edited:
You call DISH Network and order an HD receiver and schedule an installation.

Depending on where you live in Florida may well involve installing a second dish and a [strike]rather expensive DPP44 (or maybe the DPP33 is available???)[/strike] DPP33 switch or a new Eastern Arc dish (1000.4).

Self-installing is overrated.

If you are going HD then you will need 129 or 61.5 depending on your location. Your best and cheapest bet is to replace the dish 500 with a dish 1000.2. Otherise you would need a second dish, a Dpp44 switch or 2 Dp34 switches to run 3 dual tuner receivers.

A cable run from the dish to the 722 will also need to be installed along with the tv2 backfeed which is just SD by the way, not HD.

You will be able to connect three dual tuners to power 6 tvs with the 722, 522 and 322, however you will need a new dish installed or a wing dish depending on where you live and what equipment the installer has with him. Depending on which market you live in, you will either receive the 129 satellite for HD (this is the WA western arc) or the 61.5 satellite for HD (this is the new EA eastern arc).

If you live in the WA market, a dish 1000.2 will replace your dish 500. This dish receives 119, 110 and 129 and has three outputs and has a Dish Pro Plus LNB which allows for a single cable from the LNB to each dual tuner receiver with the DPP separator.

If you live in the EA market there are two options with the single dish solution being the best option. Again, the single dish solution will replace your dish 500 with a dish 1000.4 which receiver 77, 72.7 and 61.5. This dish is also DPP with three outputs similar to the 1000.2. The other option is installing a "wing dish" pointed at 61.5. Normally, this would connect to the LNB input of your existing dish 500 DPP LNB, however you would like to power three dual tuners which you would not be able to with that configuration. Instead, you would need to replace the DPP LNB on the dish 500 with a dish pro twin or quad LNB and install a DPP 44 switch. In that case two cables will need to be run from the 500 to the switch and a single cable from the 61.5 to the switch, then a single cable to each dual tuner receiver with DPP separators.

It can be somewhat complicated, especially if you haven't pointed a dish before or used the equipment. If you order the equipment through Dish, they will not send it with out having an installer set it up for you. If you purchase everything yourself, you will have to be comfortable setting everything up first.

ah, I didnt know 129 was a issue there. I guess a 1000.2 could still be used, just not with 129 but a wing dish could be used. That or buy a DPP44 to run 3 dual tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)