Adding an additional Hopper or 211k

To the OP. Why don't you want the Hoppers to see each other? If the studio is a rental unit, I'm not sure Dish would allow you to share one account.
He never said it was a rental unit... :p

Maybe he just doesn't want that family member seeing the other DVR.

You have to be converted to a Hopper account for the ota module to show up. That only happens after the install.
I have one Hopper already, it (the entire store) just disappears when you have an order pending. The warning shows this: "You have an open appointment, please complete your request after your appointment is complete." I tried calling, and the CSR also can't process an order--even for a small accessory like the OTA tuner--while another is pending.

To the OP. Why don't you want the Hoppers to see each other? If the studio is a rental unit, I'm not sure Dish would allow you to share one account.
We are actually converting it from a rental unit to an in-law suite. It's on the same property; just a separate structure with the garage, about 20 feet from the main house.

Just tested this, installed the two isolators and the Hoppers could no longer see each other. Then I hooked both Hoppers up to my home network and they can now see each other's recordings and play them over the network.
Wow, that's pretty clever that they'll talk over the network--even play content...I have been pretty impressed with this Hopper technology. I suppose I will have to block communication within the router software or set up a separate network for the in-law suite. I already have a Wireless Bridge over to there via DD-WRT on a Linksys router. I'll try it with it's own sub-net to start.

So, I need two isolators? One for each Hopper? Wouldn't an isolator on on Hopper work fine?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)