Adding DBS LNBF to My Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wholeshoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
All

If I want to add a DBS LNBF to my Motorized (SG2100) setup will I need to place the Disceq Switch between the Motor and LNB's or between the receiver and the motor for one of them?

Wholeshoe

I just received my new bracket that will allow me to use three lnbs. I purchased an old Direct TV lnb, and I have two Fortec Star lnbs.

I already discovered that I needed to adjust the dish elevation to compensate for the extra length from the lnb to the dish. An it occured to me that I probably need to place the DBS lnb in the center if I want to get all sateliites with circular polarity.

The lnb brackets slide onto a metal bar. The brackets also can be moved up or down. The numbering system on the brackets shows 10 - - - 0 - - - 10
I assum I need to move the brackets to compensate for elevation.

Before I ramble on any more, I'm looking for a website or another posting that may provide some instructions on how to mount all three LNBs correctly.

I had to take the plastic lnb cover off the DBS lnb in order to get it to fit in the bracket. Also, is skew still an issue with the circular polarity lnb? Thanks.

rjc3895 said:
I just received my new bracket that will allow me to use three lnbs. I purchased an old Direct TV lnb, and I have two Fortec Star lnbs.

I already discovered that I needed to adjust the dish elevation to compensate for the extra length from the lnb to the dish. An it occured to me that I probably need to place the DBS lnb in the center if I want to get all sateliites with circular polarity.

nope. PLace the DBS one offset. KU needs a better aimed shot due to the lower power
The lnb brackets slide onto a metal bar. The brackets also can be moved up or down. The numbering system on the brackets shows 10 - - - 0 - - - 10
I assum I need to move the brackets to compensate for elevation.

Before I ramble on any more, I'm looking for a website or another posting that may provide some instructions on how to mount all three LNBs correctly.

I had to take the plastic lnb cover off the DBS lnb in order to get it to fit in the bracket. Also, is skew still an issue with the circular polarity lnb? Thanks.
Is this for a fixed system or motorized? If motorized, leave them the same..the motor wouold do the trick

If fixed, what ones are you trying to get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts