Adding HD and a 612, What wil my new setup be?

FBcoach

Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
West Virginia
Hi guys,
I've been searching on here and have read quite a bit. I am a tech but not a satellite tech. I have also read a lot of the manuals on the websites.

I have ordered a 612 DVR and they're supposed to come hook it up Sunday. I'm trying to figure out the best setup so that I can make sure he's doing it right and I'm going to able to add in the future.

I live in Clarksburg,WV. So as far I can see, no HD locals in the near future. I presently have a 1000.? dish with 119DPP twin-1, 110DPP twin-2, and 129 DP dual-1 lnb's (as best I can tell). I have 2 cascaded DP 34's with a 510,301 and 311 rcvrs. I own the 311. The reason I have the DP34's is because I plan on ending up with a 625 Dual DVR (owned) as well as all the others and the 612. Total 6 tuners (612 only counts as one, learned that on here), 3 leased and 3 owned. I didn't know the DP34 wouldn't work for HD until now.

Best I can figure is that I'll need a DPP44 switch and separator instead of the 1st DP34. Hopefully, he'll supply that. Also another separator when I install the 625.

Now the questions. :confused:
Do I need any new LNB's or dish?
Can I cascade the DP34 off of the DPP44 and run my 3 old single rcvrs from the 34? Thus leaving the DPP44 for the new rcvrs.

Thanks for any help.

Lnb's on the Dish1000.? should be OK.

The problem with DP34's is they do not let you band stack, so You would need 2 cables from the switch to your dual tuner receivers. The DPP44 can handle up to 8 tuners (4 dual tuner receivers).

I believe you can cascade the DP34 off the DPP44 and use it for the single tuner receivers, but I'd use the DPP44 for sending signal to the 612 and the 625.

Be sure you get a power inserter on port 1 of the DPP44.

Jim,
Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking. I feel better now that it's been verified.

BTW, I enjoyed watching your Texas Tech football team this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts