Adding Hoppers & Joeys

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
I currently have a 6 room setup (2 hoppers 4 Joeys). I'm wanting to add 5 more rooms, 3 for my home bar and 2 for my basement bedrooms. I bought a second duo node and DPP44 on flebay along with a new hopper w/sling and a joey, going to wait a few weeks to add the last 3.

What would be a good wiring diagram?

I believe you would need a solo node, not a duo. Im not sure if it still has issues, but it use to not work when you had a second duo node.

Here ya go; only alteration you should need to do, is use a splitter w/more ports where the Jo's connect to.
You can also use a DPP44 switch in place of the DPP33, since they are no longer made & are very hard to find.

I believe you would need a solo node, not a duo. Im not sure if it still has issues, but it use to not work when you had a second duo node.

Since there are people on here w/4 Ho's on the same dish, I can't imagine why the DuoNode won't work. (I tried to find such a diagram, but all the links in the old posts I found, are broken)

3 Hopper hookup.jpg

Last edited:
The only Flaw I see in this Diagram is the DPP33.
I know it "works", But if actually read the DPP33 specs, it claims its not compatible with DPP44 or Pro Plus LNBs.
With that in mind, Most people use DPP44.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Here ya go; only alteration you should need to do, is use a splitter w/more ports where the Jo's connect to.
You can also use a DPP44 switch in place of the DPP33, since they are no longer made & are very hard to find.

Since there are people on here w/4 Ho's on the same dish, I can't imagine why the DuoNode won't work. (I tried to find such a diagram, but all the links in the old posts I found, are broken)

View attachment 120035
4 would need 2 duos. 3 would need one of each

I currently have a 6 room setup (2 hoppers 4 Joeys). I'm wanting to add 5 more rooms, 3 for my home bar and 2 for my basement bedrooms. I bought a second duo node and DPP44 on flebay along with a new hopper w/sling and a joey, going to wait a few weeks to add the last 3.

Here is my home wiring diagram for three HWSs, one Joey 1, and two WJs if it helps you out any. I use to have four HWSs but reduced down to three when son moved out.
3 Hopper Diagram PTAT MoCA.jpg

DAMN Charles! That looks awesome. Did you do all that yourself or did you have a little help? You look like you are set up for any contingency ,whether you need just ota , cable or satellite or sirius Xm satellite.:clapping

DAMN Charles! That looks awesome. Did you do all that yourself or did you have a little help? You look like you are set up for any contingency ,whether you need just ota , cable or satellite or sirius Xm satellite.:clapping
Thanks, I did it all myself with help from members of this SatGuys forum and a local DISH retailer installed the 1000+ dish. My head-end board will need lots of work when the new DPH42 switch comes out and I swap to a Hopper 3 system.

3 Hoppers Pri.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)