Adding More!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Charvey

Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
I have four TV in my house connected to a Dish500 quad. Two TV's are connected to a 322 receiver and the other two TV's are connected to 311's.

I needed to have another TV hooked up so I bought a DP34. I took the two cable from the dish feeding the two 311 receivers off and connected those cables to the DP34. Then I connected the receiver cables including the new TV cable to the DP34 (it is also a 311 receiver). The two existing TV's working fine but the TV I am trying to connect is giving me an error "A problem has been detached with your Multi-switch. I have move the cable around on the switch but I am still getting the same error message.

Do I need a new muti switch or is there something else I need to connect? Thanks

try hooking the DP34 to ports 1 & 2 from the Quad....I'm assuming its a DishPro quad
hook the 2 lines to ports 1 & 2 of the DP34

Run a check switch on all receivers connected to the DP34 and see if it acknowledges them. If there is one that doesn't....swap slots with one that does and repeat. If it moves with the reciever, then its the receiver. If it doesn't...then it could be a bad cable or switch

If you're testing by swapping ports at the switch end, and the problem moves with the receiver, it could be the cable going to the receiver as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts