Adding new receivers to Dish?

chriswx

Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
CT
Hi There,

I am having 3 rooms hooked up with dish, one DUO receiver and the other a solo. I was just wondering how it would cost if I decided to add a Dish DUO receiver to 2 more rooms further down the road? I assume they would charge me another $7.00 a month for the box, but how much would the installation cost be for the tech to come to the house again to wire it up? Would this be covered by the Dish Service plan they try to sell you? Just wondering.

Thanks,

Dish Network Newbie

purchasing receivers

Ok, well what if I just bought my own receivers then? It looks like Dishstore was selling SDreceivers for only $39.99. The other TVs are not HD, so the standard receiver would be fine. Would they still do the wiring to other rooms, so I can buy receivers for them in the future? The say free installation in up to 6 rooms, but does that mean you have to rent the equipment for all those rooms at the time of installation?

Free installation is when you are a new customer, once you sign up you pay for additional work. Wether you own or lease you pay an additional monthly fee for each receiver.

If you wanted to add an SD duo receiver you may be able to get the upgrade for free but pay a tech visit fee of $15 if you are on the service plan.(It's $95 without it) The receiver will cost $14 a month whether you buy it or lease it.

If you want an SD duo DVR receiver it is the same price other than the monthly fee which is $17.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts