adding receiver to a dish 1000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

searcy_5

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
Cleveland, MS
Never done much with the hardware, so please bear with me.

What is the best (easiest) way to add a third receiver to a dish 1000 system?

Right now I have a 622 and 311 running off what I think is a normal installation from the 1000. (one cable connecting the dp plus to the dp dual, and two cables coming from the dp twin to my receivers)

Do I have to add a switch (dp 44) and reconfigure the cables coming from the lnb?

Is there any way possible to not run extra cable from the dish? I think I know that answer, but have to ask.

I don't see a way to put a switch in midway and split off what I already have to a third receiver. Is that possible in anyway or just wishful thinking?

Thank you.

Unless you have a DISH 1000.2 that came with a 3x3 multiswitch, you should add a DPP33 for a third receiver.

You MUST run a third wire from the dish.

There is no such beastie as a DP44. There is a DPP44.

Installing a switch anywhere in the line "lobotomizes" the LNB in the dish into thinking that it is DishPro.

If you're not bent on doing and paying for all of this yourself, DISH will do it for you for free.

Self-installing is overrated.

just got off the phone with tech support at sadoun and was told that a dp 34 switch would do what i need. she said i could connect the two cables coming out of the dish 1000 dpptwin into the switch, and have up to 4 outputs. no additonal cable from the dish necessary.

before i order, would that work?

Yes it will work BUT you will lose the single line to your dual tuner you must run 2 lines to your 622 when using a DP34. You also must run a third cable from the dish to where you mount the DP34. The nomenclature means DP =dish pro technology 3= three satellite inputs 4= the ability to go to four TUNERS.

i really don't want to run another line to the 622.

would this setup work?

1cable from dp dual, 2 lines from dpptwin, all connected to a dpp44 switch. three single cables to each receiver (with a dpp seperator for the 622).

would this setup work?

1cable from dp dual, 2 lines from dpptwin, all connected to a dpp44 switch. three single cables to each receiver (with a dpp seperator for the 622).
yes yes yes that will work,I don't want to step on anyone but a dpp twin will not work with a dp34

would this setup work?

That will work, yes. You can get a DPP44 on eBay for $90 or less probably and will have to change your setup the least of any of your options.

just got off the phone with tech support at sadoun and was told that a dp 34 switch would do what i need. she said i could connect the two cables coming out of the dish 1000 dpptwin into the switch, and have up to 4 outputs. no additonal cable from the dish necessary.

before i order, would that work?

That tech support person is misinformed. No, that will NOT work.

I agree, whoever you talked to she did not understand that the Dish 1000 (discontinued BTW) has a DPP twin lnbf for 110 & 119 and thus it requires a DPP44 or DPP33 switch.

I agree, whoever you talked to she did not understand that the Dish 1000 (discontinued BTW) has a DPP twin lnbf for 110 & 119 and thus it requires a DPP44 or DPP33 switch.
a dpptwin will NOT work with a dpp33 I've been on many a trouble call because of it. please read the booklet that came with the 33 switch!

i would advise against using ANY switch (especially the dp34) with a dpptwin.
a dish 1000.2 is in my opinion the best option. it is bigger, has better signal, and has 3 dpp outputs. no switch required.
if you call dish and order your receiver, the tech who rolls out to install it will probably realize this and put one up for you. typically the work orders read 'install appropriate lnb if required', meaning, the dpp 1000.2 lnb can be installedx for you at no extra cost. you'll just be paying for the receiver.
if you want to do it yourself, you can compare prices on the 1000.2, and you may find it doesnt cost much more (not sure, i haven't checked), but will be your best option in the long run.

Never done much with the hardware, so please bear with me.

What is the best (easiest) way to add a third receiver to a dish 1000 system?

Right now I have a 622 and 311 running off what I think is a normal installation from the 1000. (one cable connecting the dp plus to the dp dual, and two cables coming from the dp twin to my receivers)

Do I have to add a switch (dp 44) and reconfigure the cables coming from the lnb?

Is there any way possible to not run extra cable from the dish? I think I know that answer, but have to ask.

I don't see a way to put a switch in midway and split off what I already have to a third receiver. Is that possible in anyway or just wishful thinking?

Thank you.

How did you install your 3rd receiver? I think I may have the same problem as you described here, but with different receivers.

Thanks

You have a couple of choices (assuming you're giving us full and accurate information):

1. Add a DPP44 with the attendant PI (rather expensive)

2. Replace the DPP Twin with a DP Twin and use a DPP33 (quite a bit cheaper)

Either way, you would need to run three cables from the dish to the switch and then a single cable from the switch to each receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)