adding receiver to outbuilding

Running a 100' of a good quality RG6 coax from the Home Distribution output to your pool room is not a problem whatsoever. You should not worry about any grounding problem nor cable resistance. The coax input on your TV is AC coupled so there won't be any direct contact to the pool room grounding and since the coax output doesn't carry any DC voltage there is no problem with the cable resistance either.

Your only consideration should be the RF attenuation of the coax cable at the UHF frequency for your given length. You can run even a much longer cable with a simple inline amplifier. As far as the UHF remote, use the setup below and you will be fine (you don't need the attenuator in the drawing).

RemoExtend1.jpg

Very helpful information folks. Your diagram is helpful upsss but leaves me with one question. Since I'll still use TV2 in my home, I assume I'll still need an antenna for tv2 remote to still work in my home. The diagram looks like it moves the antenna to the new location leaving me without at home. Many thanks for all of the input. Looks like this is a doable project.

Very helpful information folks. Your diagram is helpful upsss but leaves me with one question. Since I'll still use TV2 in my home, I assume I'll still need an antenna for tv2 remote to still work in my home. The diagram looks like it moves the antenna to the new location leaving me without at home. Many thanks for all of the input. Looks like this is a doable project.
No problem, you simply add another UHF antenna and another 2 way splitter on the green line (see the drawing) and of course you split the green/yellow line to any other TV2s in the house.

Don't forget about the potential audit problem. You have to get from one receiver to another in a certain amount of time. After reading a few stories about that I decided having multiple receivers was too much hassle, even in the same house. I just pipe video from a single VIP722 around the house. I never really have an interest in viewing different programs at the same time so that works well.

If you really only occupy the other location occasionally, maybe you could consider simply carrying one of your existing receivers to the other location during those times.

Don't forget about the potential audit problem. You have to get from one receiver to another in a certain amount of time. After reading a few stories about that I decided having multiple receivers was too much hassle, even in the same house. I just pipe video from a single VIP722 around the house. I never really have an interest in viewing different programs at the same time so that works well.

If you really only occupy the other location occasionally, maybe you could consider simply carrying one of your existing receivers to the other location during those times.

He is going to use TV2 via coax to feed the other TV. Audit is not a problem.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)