Adding Receiver

traumajunkie170

Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
Long island
Currently have 2 510 and 1 622 (on 1 tv) receivers. Purchased a 612 from the web. Dish network had no specials and wanted $399. I guess because of the 2 510's and the 622 they consider me of having 4 receivers.

I already have a DP44 setup, with DP44 power and seperator hooked up to my 622 hd (living rm). I moved my 510 to my den from my bedroom and will be putting the 612 in the bedroom upon its arrival.

I believe I will only need another DP seperator for the 612.

Can anyone confirm this and what other steps will be required to activate the new reciever . This is the first time I am not using a dish installer.

Thanks

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

The receivers you have can be used to feed 4 TVs, even if they aren't, which puts you at the standard lease limit.

There is no DP44. Fortunately I can tell you don't mean DP34 because the power inserter is only used for the DPP44. (DP = DishPro, DPP = DishPro Plus)

All you need is a run of RG6 from the DPP44 and the Separator which comes with the 612.

With 4 DVRs on your account, you should seriously consider stepping up to America's Everything Pak, if you haven't already, to eliminate all DVR fees.

Charles,

Thanks for the reply.. You are right I meant DPP44 switch -

I do have the America's Everything Package

DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00
GoldHD 10.00
America's Everything Pak - Classic Gold 250 4
Premium Package
PlatinumHD 10.00
TV2 Receiver Connection - (You Saved $5 By
Connecting Your Duo Receiver To A Phone Line
/ Broadband.)
Solo DVR Receiver 5.00

HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00

My bill currently shows I dont't pay at least for the DVR service. .

In a family where a few of my uncles work for Time/Warner Cable. I am the black sheep in the family - I tell them I'll take my Dish over Cable anyday ............

Thanks again for your advice
joe

Currently have 2 510 and 1 622 (on 1 tv) receivers. Purchased a 612 from the web. Dish network had no specials and wanted $399. I guess because of the 2 510's and the 622 they consider me of having 4 receivers.

I already have a DP44 setup, with DP44 power and seperator hooked up to my 622 hd (living rm). I moved my 510 to my den from my bedroom and will be putting the 612 in the bedroom upon its arrival.

I believe I will only need another DP seperator for the 612.

Can anyone confirm this and what other steps will be required to activate the new reciever . This is the first time I am not using a dish installer.

Thanks

If you already have the 510 hooked up in the den (if not, you will need to run the cable to it) and you still have the cable from the 510 in your bedroom all you should need is a seperator for the 612 in the bedroom. I do believe you will need to call dishnetwork and activate the 612 on your account.

Gary,

thanks for the reply.

When I did home improvements to the home a couple of years ago and the walls were down to the studs I wired the bedrooms, den and livingroom for Satellite, Cable, Phone and internet.

Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)