Adding Rooms

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I currently have 2 hoppers and 4 joeys. I'm wanting to buy an extra hopper, 2 more joeys, and possibly a super joey on fleebay. How would I wire this up?
With a lot of nodes and multiswitches.
And no Super joeys aloud as already stated.
50ed801b126e9e62e5b747acd7a9e5bb.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Have they fixed the Duo Nodes? They took away my DPP44 switch because they said it was burning out the Node. 2 of them. And with that my two dish set up where I never had rain or snow fade with. Now with the one dish, I get fade all the time.

I currently have 2 hoppers and 4 joeys. I'm wanting to buy an extra hopper, 2 more joeys, and possibly a super joey on fleebay. How would I wire this up?
Sounds like you really need an H3 plus joeys. And maybe splitters to share signals. Do you need ten independent viewings?

Reactions: ChadT41
Have they fixed the Duo Nodes? They took away my DPP44 switch because they said it was burning out the Node. 2 of them. And with that my two dish set up where I never had rain or snow fade with. Now with the one dish, I get fade all the time.
Sounds like there is a need for repeaking.

Sounds like there is a need for repeaking.
Nope. It did it from the second they installed it and every other single dish I have ever had. Repeaking doesn't do the trick. But with two dish's on the other hand, I never had any fade while they were in use. A single dish is not as good as two. Especially a 1k2.

I've had a duo node with a DPP44 going on 9 months, and no node issues.
But I agree about the signal, which is why I use a 1000.5.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I called dish and they said I could have the third hopper but I would have to buy it. They said there is a limit of 2 leased hoppers. I did not ask about the super joey but I assume I would have to buy that as well.

I'm trying to get 10 independent viewings.

I called dish and they said I could have the third hopper but I would have to buy it. They said there is a limit of 2 leased hoppers. I did not ask about the super joey but I assume I would have to buy that as well.

I'm trying to get 10 independent viewings.
Dish will not activate a SuperJoey on a multiple hopper account. Even if you purchase it, and throw a fit when they say no and threaten cancellation, they will still tell you not possible. I'm not saying that's what you'll do, but I'm taking the example to the extreme.

Will it be a problem for the 3rd hopper and the other 2 joeys? The super joey for 10th room is no big deal, I'll just throw an HDMI splitter on a joey or hopper for 10th room.

I had a few questions about that wiring diagram.

First. Would I be able to put a four way splitter on the first duo node for the 4 joeys in the house and have a two way splitter on the second node for the two joeys that will be in my building outback? The third hopper and 2 joeys will be in a building out back.

Second. Would I be able to use a DPP44 switch instead of the DPP33 on the second node? I already have a few DPP44s laying around.

I had a few questions about that wiring diagram.

First. Would I be able to put a four way splitter on the first duo node for the 4 joeys in the house and have a two way splitter on the second node for the two joeys that will be in my building outback? The third hopper and 2 joeys will be in a building out back.

Second. Would I be able to use a DPP44 switch instead of the DPP33 on the second node? I already have a few DPP44s laying around.
You can use DPP44s yes.
As far as that many Joeys, and 4 way splitters, I can't say.
But keep in mind, you can buy two 211s and they have tuners and they can be added to the port on your 2 Power Inserters ,which would give you 2 more rooms without splitting more joeys if full integration isn't a concern.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)