Adding second dish for 129

eastof111

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Currently have H/J with single node installed.

Would like to add a Dish 500 with legacy lnb for 129 for better signal strength during rain. I would leave current installed dish for 110 and 119 alone.

What switch would I need to connect the two dishes before the node?

Thanks

NONE if you have a 1000.2 there is an input for another dish already in place. You will have to cover the 129 LNB on the dish. Hopefully LEGACY LNB was a typo because LEGACY LNB won't work it must be Dish Pro.

NONE if you have a 1000.2 there is an input for another dish already in place. You will have to cover the 129 LNB on the dish. Hopefully LEGACY LNB was a typo because LEGACY LNB won't work it must be Dish Pro.

Incorrect a 1000.2 only has 3 outputs no input you would need a 44 switch with that lnbf however if you have a 1000.4 you're all set because it does have a dish input port

Currently have H/J with single node installed.

Would like to add a Dish 500 with legacy lnb for 129 for better signal strength during rain. I would leave current installed dish for 110 and 119 alone.

What switch would I need to connect the two dishes before the node?

Thanks

If you have a new dpp 500 lnbf there is a switch and port and mounting bracket for the 129 if you have an old dp 500 you will need a 34 switch

Incorrect a 1000.2 only has 3 outputs no input you would need a 44 switch with that lnbf however if you have a 1000.4 you're all set because it does have a dish input port
LOOSE Bruce I hope DISH is not your instructer because you failed your training. On a 1000.2 read the word above the 4th "F" fitting on the LNB.

Boba thanks for the insult but in my department there is three outputs and that's all on a dpp 1k2 ea lnbf which is a pain in the ass when I have to do an upgrade with a new customer who wants to add international programming after a tech just installed a 1k2 los at the location may not even work when you have to switch from 1k2 to 1k4 and customer service has not been trained /notified of this so points system is lame-o

you have that backwards
Dish 1000.4 is a EASTERN ARC dish...and has 4 coax spots on it...3 outputs and an input
Dish 1000.2 is a WESTERN ARC dish and has 4 coax spots on it...3 outputs and an input

Looking on Ebay there is a EA LNB that is only for 61.5 & 72 that has only 3 outputs but they look pretty rare

so lets see the description of a 1000.2 dish & LNB...shall we?
Pick up three (3) orbital satellites: 110, 119 and 129 for hd channels.
and can connect to another satellite like for international.

and now lets look at the verbiage for the LNB for EA
This is used on a dish 1000.4 to get the 61.5, 72 and 77 satellites. It also has one input port so you can connect another lnb and dish for a fourth satellite of your choice including, but not limited to the 110.

Remember....just because you claim to "work with this equipment everyday" you can still be wrong ;)

Thanks Ice, Loose Bruce gives a location of Boston so he may be a noobie for DISH with only Eastern Arc experience. If he continues to read and learn he may get the needed experience to be a good installer. His interest in helping others is the right direction even if his advice isn't 100% but whose is ?

Last edited:
Both 1k2 and 1k4 we install are eastern arc we do not use western arc equipment whatsoever so that may be where the confusion is coming from

Out here we use 1k4 eastern arc (61.5, 72, 77) only in cases where a hd customer is also getting a 500 plus dish to get 118 for international programming other than that every HD install is strictly 1k2 eastern arc (61.5, 72) 3 outputs no inputs. 1k4 dishes are also used for customers with certain Spanish customers because of certain Spanish programming coming off the 77 satellite like Latino dos I believe

Both 1k2 and 1k4 we install are eastern arc we do not use western arc equipment whatsoever so that may be where the confusion is coming from

Both 1000.4 and 1000.2 dishes can be used pretty much everywhere. Both dishes can use an EA or WA lnb assembly. For where you live, your office is not bothering to get any WA assemblies since you have almost no use for them.

Last edited:
I also do not think 72 mirrors 129 as he thinks. There have so many changes recently moving channels around it's hard to keep up but it never has. No sat from one arc mirrors a sat from the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)