Adding second HD Receiver

bnwbass

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
San Jose, CA
I currently have Dish 1000 LNBs (dish plus) connected to one VIP722 which is one LNB cable coming in and then going through a separator supplying the 722 with sat 1&2.

I still have my 942 dual tuner HD receiver and want to connect it at the same location as the 722. Can I just split the one incoming LNB feed and install another separator to feed the 942?

TIA
Bnw

I currently have Dish 1000 LNBs (dish plus) connected to one VIP722 which is one LNB cable coming in and then going through a separator supplying the 722 with sat 1&2.

I still have my 942 dual tuner HD receiver and want to connect it at the same location as the 722. Can I just split the one incoming LNB feed and install another separator to feed the 942?

TIA
Bnw

The 1000 can feed two dual tuners, just run a second cable from the dish to the 942 receiver.

No you must run a new cable. The seperator does not work like a splitter. You cannot split the SAT line with a normal splitter ever. It will not work.

Adding a bit to what they said,
  • each receiver must have its own line from the dish or external switch
  • the Separator can only be used with a DishPro Plus switch (you already have one), those being the DPP Twin, Dish 1000.2 (both internal), and DPP44 (external)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)