Adding Second Hopper for RV

JWHITE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Northern VA
Hi All,

I currently have a Hopper3 plus 2 Joey2s in the house (Leased). I own a HWS from a previous account. I have a Motorhome. Can I add the HWS to the current house account for RV use? I seem to remember reading somewhere, you can't have an H3 and HWS on same account. I understand the LNB differences, but don't know if it is a Dish policy decision.

Does the HWS support any of the portable Dishes that are self aiming or do I need to do it the old fashioned way with a regular dish and tripod?

Thanks!
Jay

Hi All,

I currently have a Hopper3 plus 2 Joey2s in the house (Leased). I own a HWS from a previous account. I have a Motorhome. Can I add the HWS to the current house account for RV use? I seem to remember reading somewhere, you can't have an H3 and HWS on same account. I understand the LNB differences, but don't know if it is a Dish policy decision.
You are remembering correctly, and it is entirely a Dish policy decision. The DPH42 switch solved the problem of how to connect both Hoppers to the same LNB, but Dish still won't allow it. (Yes, I understand that they will not even both be on the same LNB in your case, at least not while one of them is being used for the RV, but even that does not make a difference as far as Dish's policy.) :(

Thanks for the confirmation. So that leaves the Wally. Are external HDs interchangeable between the H3 and the Wally with an external HD? That is can external HD content made on an H3 play on the Wally after moving the drive if both are on the same account?

Jay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)