Adding Splitter for TV2

rdohanyos

Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
AZ
I'm adding a TV to my family room which is right on the other side of the wall from the living room. I want to put a splitter on the input line from the satellite so I can use the family room tv as TV2. We have a SD dual tuner dvr. I don't know the model number. What type of splitter do I need and should I position it like in the drawings attached. I apologize in advance I'm no artist ;)

Thanks for your help!
Robert

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 111
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 103
So if I put the splitter on the output of the receiver can I tune to the TV2 channel and see TV2's programing.

I thought that TV2's signal was backfed onto the input COAX? Maybe I just don't understand how the TV2 thing works.

I think the back-feed issue has you confused...which is used when a house has been pre-wired from a central distribution point. If possible, the easiest way is to run a cable from the distribution output of your receiver, straight to the TV in your family room.

Thanks everyone for the fast responses. I really appreciate the help.

OK I think I got it. I'm at work so I can' t look at the back of the box, but I found an image of th 625 back panel (I think our box is the 625) It says CH21-Blah Output. I assume this is the distribution output that your talking about? It currently goes to the diplexer am I remembering correct? I drew that picture from memory because I need to hook this up to night before my drywaller comes tomorrow and I should have looked at the labels and such. So if I pull off that input and go to the family room tv it will work?

Thanks!
Robert

I'm adding a TV to my family room which is right on the other side of the wall from the living room. I want to put a splitter on the input line from the satellite so I can use the family room tv as TV2. We have a SD dual tuner dvr. I don't know the model number. What type of splitter do I need and should I position it like in the drawings attached. I apologize in advance I'm no artist ;)

Thanks for your help!
Robert

i think from your drawing that tv2 is being used thru the diplexer in another room ... if you look at your remotes ,one should have a 2 (BLUE) on it & should be in a room that dont have a recvr in it but tv has sat on it ....

what you need to do is split the tv2 line at the recvr before the diplexer & send it to the room you want ... remember that the other tv2 tv & the new room will watch the same program....

i think from your drawing that tv2 is being used thru the diplexer in another room ... if you look at your remotes ,one should have a 2 (BLUE) on it & should be in a room that dont have a recvr in it but tv has sat on it ....

what you need to do is split the tv2 line at the recvr before the diplexer & send it to the room you want ... remember that the other tv2 tv & the new room will watch the same program....

Exactly, currently TV2 is in another room (never used) I'm adding a TV that I want to watch as TV2, so if split before the diplexer (I want to still be able watch TV2 in the other rooms, just in case) it should work? Will any splitter work? I got a 2 into one dynex that has power pass on both outputs(1 to the diplexer and one to my family room?

Thanks the help and patients so far everyone! This is a great site.
Robert

Exactly, currently TV2 is in another room (never used) I'm adding a TV that I want to watch as TV2, so if split before the diplexer (I want to still be able watch TV2 in the other rooms, just in case) it should work? Will any splitter work? I got a 2 into one dynex that has power pass on both outputs(1 to the diplexer and one to my family room?

Thanks the help and patients so far everyone! This is a great site.
Robert

i hate to say (any) splitter... you need one to do the freq range you are using ... usually at least 45 to 900

Ha ha I need to choose my words more carefully. Mine SAYS it can do 5-2050 mhz so I should be good to go, hopefully.

Thanks for all of your help.
i hate to say (any) splitter... you need one to do the freq range you are using ... usually at least 45 to 900

Yes, that should do. Just go from your TV2 output (on the receiver) to the splitter. Connect one coax to one side, then send that to your new TV, another coax to your diplexer and all should be good. I assume you realize that all the TV's hooked to the TV2 will all show the same program.

Hey guys thanks for all the help! It WORKS! Got both TV2's working perfect.

The girlfriend and the kid will be very happy.

Robert

I don't know about the 625, but the 622 series outputs, both playbacks (TV1 and TV2) on the same coax on different channels, if you enable both. So with the right set of remotes you could control either playback from any of the sets.
-Ken

I don't know about the 625, but the 622 series outputs, both playbacks (TV1 and TV2) on the same coax on different channels, if you enable both. So with the right set of remotes you could control either playback from any of the sets.
-Ken
No the 625 does not do that internally like the VIP (excluding 222) models. It can be made to happen but you need to use splitters to get the TV1 signal onto the TV2 run. It supports the UHF Pro remote on TV1 though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts