Adding tp manually never works

Status
Please reply by conversation.

imax_01

Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
I have tried many times adding tp manually and i never get quality doing that.
only those tps that are in the receiver work. Can someone tell me why is it so? I have view sat v2000 platinum. Thanks.

which sats

Which satellite are you trying to add tps on? I have an Ultra, never had a problem with adding transponders to a sat.
>Some of the older viewsats had what they called 'software blindscan' rather than hardware blindscan, don't know if that would matter or not though.

I have the Viewsat 2000 too and have added lots of TPs to it manually. You must not be hitting the buttons in the right sequence or something.

Can someone tell me what a "blindscan" is? I've used Channel Scan and Auto Scan only.

Blind scan is letting the receiver find all the active channels on a satellite, rather than searching thru a list of known transponders that may be included with the box's firmware.

For Viewsats:
Channel Scan = scans for Channels on only the selected TP
Auto Scan = scans for Channels on all the TPs already listed
Blind Scan = as Turbosat describes, find all active TPs and scans for channels

Last edited:
I have added active tps from lungsat but when i add them the "quality" signal is always zero. not sure what can the problem be. everything looks just right. please sugget me if someone had this problem.

A variance of 1 or 2 mhz is acceptable [and typical] when it comes to sat freqs. I've noticed this on some TPs for my VS 2K, CS 6K, and DVB cards. Try entering a freq up or down by 1 mhz and see if you can get Q. If not try +/- 2 mhz. That should fix you up.
mel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)