Adding Voom?

racer4551

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Greeting's,I am a current sub to dish net.I used to be a voom sub and would like to add the 10 voom channels.I called the dish rep and was told it would cost me 200.00 .$100 for the dish and $100 for the install,does this sound correct? :eek: Or is there a better way.

The rep asked me if i had a super dish? What does it matter what dish i have? Do i have to upgrade from the pro dish?Is that why the price is so high? :confused:I also still have my voom dish on the roof but not sure if i could still use it somehow?

yes it does matter if you have a superdish because a diffrent switch configuration is needed... thus 200 bucks... Yes you could use it but... it would be hard with a dishpro setup.. my advice to you is to go on ebay buy a dpp 44 switch and a dish 500 with a DP dual or Singel and do it your self. If you dont want to do it yourself then pay the 200 bucks..

Ok please excuse my ignorance here,but why would i have to change my current dish that i am using ,i believe its a dish pro dual lmb,i know the rep said it was not the dish 500.Does the lmb or switch have to be changed in order to combine the new or current voom dish?Is the switch and lmb the same part?Also does the dish itself need to be changed or just the lmb or switch?Or do i just need to purchase a new dish for the voom channels(61.5 sat)and a switch to combine it with my current dish(119,110sat)Sorry for the confusion.

Ok i realize that i need two dishes ,one for the 61.5 sat and one for the 110,119 sat.I currently have the dish pro dual lmb for the 110,119 sat and would like to use my existing voom dish if cost effective.I am only using one receiver(811).So from what i gather so far i could purchase a dpp44 switch and use it to combine my dish pro and old voom dish?Or do i need to replace my current dish pro setup to something else?Or do i need to replace both dishes? :confused: :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts