additional receiver access fee...

GNASH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Between Kalamazoo & GR. MI
Hi all,

Just checked our bill and I noticed that there is a $5 additional receiver access fee. Am I correct that this is the same fee for not having it connected to a phone line???? How many dual tuners can you have on an account before they begin charging for extra receivers????

My reason for asking is that when I look at the equipment link under our account it shows that we have a VIP 722, a 625, a 510, and a 301E. We are currently using the VIP 722 and the 625. We owned the 510 & 301E, but have not used them since we upgraded to the 722. I just want to make sure that we are not getting charged for something that we should not be charged for. Both the 722 and 625 are hooked up to phone lines (though we were receiving messages a while back that the 625 needed to be hooked up to a phone line-though it was the entire time) and the 722 is hooked up to the internet through the ethernet port.

Thanks in advance,
Geoff

I checked my statement on line the other night and under my equipment it stated that my old 4900 was my primary receiver and the 211 I've had for about a year was my second receiver. There was no charge for a second receiver on my bill though. I wanted to make sure I didn't get charged for a receiver that hasn't been hooked up for a year so I called a CSR who informed me that it appeared that my 4900 had never been deactivated. The CSR stated that it was now deactivated but my online statement now shows it as my second receiver so needless to say I'll be watching my bill closely.

Hi all,

Just checked our bill and I noticed that there is a $5 additional receiver access fee. Am I correct that this is the same fee for not having it connected to a phone line???? How many dual tuners can you have on an account before they begin charging for extra receivers????

My reason for asking is that when I look at the equipment link under our account it shows that we have a VIP 722, a 625, a 510, and a 301E. We are currently using the VIP 722 and the 625. We owned the 510 & 301E, but have not used them since we upgraded to the 722. I just want to make sure that we are not getting charged for something that we should not be charged for. Both the 722 and 625 are hooked up to phone lines (though we were receiving messages a while back that the 625 needed to be hooked up to a phone line-though it was the entire time) and the 722 is hooked up to the internet through the ethernet port.

Thanks in advance,
Geoff

Several of the dual tuners are charged the access fee while some are not. It depends which receiver, but both 722 and 625 are ones that are charged. You may want to double check the connection to the 625 as there may be a problem on that one line. If receiver is properly hooked up you should not get that message.

Several of the dual tuners are charged the access fee while some are not. It depends which receiver, but both 722 and 625 are ones that are charged. You may want to double check the connection to the 625 as there may be a problem on that one line. If receiver is properly hooked up you should not get that message.

we have not received the message in a long time, but we are being charged the fee. Should I contact Dish about this or is the "Additional Receiver Access Fee" for having 2 dual tuners???

Geoff

I thought the "dvr" fee doubled as the add'l reciever fee on the 622 / 722?

I checked my account & there is the DVR fee plus a $10 add'l reciever fee. This looks right to me since I have a 622 (DVR fee) & two 311 ($5 add'l fee per)

Rob

we have not received the message in a long time, but we are being charged the fee. Should I contact Dish about this or is the "Additional Receiver Access Fee" for having 2 dual tuners???

Geoff

As long as that is the only $5 Additional receiver fee, it sounds like this is the charge for the 625. Any additional receiver beyond the first costs $5 or $6 per month A/O fee (or lease fee if leased).

tempVAdish said:
I thought the "dvr" fee doubled as the add'l reciever fee on the 622 / 722?

I checked my account & there is the DVR fee plus a $10 add'l reciever fee. This looks right to me since I have a 622 (DVR fee) & two 311 ($5 add'l fee per)

No, the DVR fee is totally separate from any add'l receiver fee. You aren't being charged the $6 Add'l Receiver fee for your 622 because it is a primary reciever. You only get charged for receivers past your first.

As long as that is the only $5 Additional receiver fee, it sounds like this is the charge for the 625. Any additional receiver beyond the first costs $5 or $6 per month A/O fee (or lease fee if leased).

No, the DVR fee is totally separate from any add'l receiver fee. You aren't being charged the $6 Add'l Receiver fee for your 622 because it is a primary reciever. You only get charged for receivers past your first.

Ok. Thanks. This makes sense. I just wanted to make sure we weren't being overcharged. I didn't mention the DVR fees (it is listed on the bill as $11.96 or thereabouts, which is for 2 DVR's) as I knew what they were.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)