additional receiver fee

rspainhower

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2005
One perplexing question.
I have a 510 and want to reactivate my 311 for another room. I have heard that you pay either the DVR fee or an additional receiver fee, but not both. Is there any way I can have the 311 as my primary and make the 510 my second so I won't have both the DVR fee and the additional receiver fee?

Hope that makes sense.

That's incorrect. The DVR fee doesn't not replace an additional Receiver fee.

It's going to be the same ammount regardless which receiver is primary

Or was it that the lease fee and additional receiver fee would not both be charged? I am leasing my 510.

rspainhower said:
Or was it that the lease fee and additional receiver fee would not both be charged? I am leasing my 510.
Those are the same fee just depending if you lease the receiver or not.
If you activate the 311 you will still pay the DVR fee for the 510 and you will pay a second receiver fee for the other one.
The only way to get away from paying the DVR fee is if you have the ETP(everything pack).

then If the lease fee and additional receiver fee are the same. If I had my 311 as the primary and 510 as the second receiver would I only have to pay for one?

You could buy a 522 or 625. You would have two outputs of DVR with DVR fee but NO extra reeceiver fee with continious phone connection

The First receiver fee (leased or owned) is included in the monthly top 60 or higher programing Package.
Each additional receive will have a $5 lease fee if you lease the receiver or a $4.99 extra receiver fee if you own the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)