Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got in a list of other cities coming soon to the SuperDISH.

Here we go.

Nov 6th:
Madison, WI ( NO ABC)

Nov 13th:
Boise, ID
Missoula, MT (NO UPN & WB)
Springfield, MO (NO CBS & FOX)
Moblie, AL (NO FOX)
Columbus, OH

Nov 20th:

Evansville, IN (NO FOX)
Wilkes Barre, PA (NO CBS & FOX)
Wichita,KS

You'd think they would push the Dish 500 compliant locals first, since ppl can get them now. No, they decide to rollout the Superdish required locals when no one can get them yet.

I want my hartford!

BTW for those that did not read the other threads...Madison did include the ABC affiliate on launch. Last minute dealings allowed the parties to reach a retrans agreement.

See ya
Tony

Our local NBC (KY3) has been advertising for several days now, they would be on dish Nov. 13th. Been good advertisement for E*,but I don't know what people will think when they call to get them and find out they will need to get the SD installed and it could be a month or more.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Here we go.

Nov 6th:
Madison, WI ( NO ABC)

Nov 13th:
Boise, ID
Missoula, MT (NO UPN & WB)
Springfield, MO (NO CBS & FOX)
Moblie, AL (NO FOX)
Columbus, OH

Nov 20th:

Evansville, IN (NO FOX)
Wilkes Barre, PA (NO CBS & FOX)
Wichita,KS

Are these SD or HD?

These are all SD. The only HD networks being offered are on a national basis (CBS I believe is the only one being offered right now for those that are eligible).

"Missoula, MT (NO UPN & WB)"

Scott, KMMF-TV, the Fox affiliate, is also the UPN affiliate. They show the UPN lineup beginning at 9pm MT, after the Fox lineup ends for the night.

http://titantvguide.titantv.com/apg/grid.aspx?callsign=kmmf

Stargazer said:
These are all SD. The only HD networks being offered are on a national basis (CBS I believe is the only one being offered right now for those that are eligible).

Is there any chance that once SuperDish is up and running that they can put up one HD station from each network for each time zone. Call it wishful thinking.

caseyatbt said:
Is there any chance that once SuperDish is up and running that they can put up one HD station from each network for each time zone. Call it wishful thinking.
How about "to dream the impossible dream"? :)

You will only get an out of market HD if your local network provider gives permission. They want your eyes between the programs for the commercials.

CBS-HD is available in CBS Owned and Operated markets or in areas where no affiliate provides Grade B coverage (or a waiver is in place). If another HD broadcast network is put up, expect the same treatment.

JL

My father called DISH yesterday and they told him the CT locals are coming in December. I wonder if that is verified or not.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Nov 20th:

Evansville, IN (NO FOX)

Hmmm....

Looks like WTTV Fox is uplinked and will be available, just as I was told it would be a couple of weeks ago. :)

http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/dishamc2.shtml

Great. Thanks, Scot. My parents will be very happy about that. They really have no place, other than their roof, to put the SD and they don't like that much. At least now they can wait until the Spring to do the SD. By then I'll have them convinced it's OK. :)

Me, I'm getting the SD as soon as I can!

SuperDish Locals Qualification

It's been hinted that the areas whose locals require the SuperDish will get the initial allocation of SuperDishes, which raises a question.

Here in Dallas, our ABC/CBS/NBC/PBS/WB/UPN are available with a single-dish Dish 500 system. However, we have a number of local independents that are available, but show the "A second dish is required to view this channel..." message when you only have a single dish.

Any guesses as to whether this is enough to get us on the initial SuperDish list? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)