Additional TV's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larsh74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2006
I have an install with a 622 and a 322. There are two TV's connected to the TV 2 output on both receivers, giving a total of 6 TV's. Two of these TV's are out of the range for the TV 2 remote. I know I can use two splitters and put the antenna for the TV 2 in the same room as the TV. My question is, can I put two antennas in two rooms and connect them both to the same receiver. Theoretically it seems that this should work. Has anyone ever tried anything like this?

I deliver output from my 508 receiver to an outbuilding about 200' away, out of range of my remote. Long ago I did what you suggest. I made an antenna for the building (just cut off the outer shield of the RG-6 to expose the inner conductor), connected the other end to a splitter/combiner at the receiver end. The antenna at the receiver was also attached to the splitter/combiner. Those signals combine just fine, so now I can control the receiver from both locations.

You could combine even more with the appropriate splitter/combiner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts