Additional VIP211 Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JohnEL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Have had the VIP211 for about 2 months now. Started out great, way better that the 811:) However, since the L265 now L266 I've been having some issues with this thing:eek: I will be watching, have noticed it more on OTA but also with Sat, everything appears to be OK, then I hear a "pop" sound-it locks-up/black screen and no sound. I have to go to Reciever and press on/off button-reboot. After the 5-10 min reboot, everything is back to normal. Usually happens once-nightly, last night-twice. Any suggestions:confused:

My VIp211 just just took a dump. Just get a Blue screen. Started last night at the beggining of the SJ Sharks game. I did all the reboot, power off, disconnect cables...ect. I just talked to Customer Support he went thru most of the stuff I did Then he had me change my cable DV1 (HDTV Digital Output) from TV to 211 with an RCA cable. After getting back on phone he was gone Nice support He doesn't even call back He has my number in front of him. Do I have to call back and wait another 20minutes for someone to answer and start asking these questions all over. Thanks for letting me vent.

The 211 also doesn't handle audio out correctly on the HDMI interface.

Only PCM is available, and it should be able to pass Dolby Digital and PCM. So if you want both, you're forced to hook up the optical cable as well as HDMI, which defeats the purpose of having HDMI (IMO).

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts