Address change with Verizon bundle?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DanoD

Original poster
May 11, 2010
MA
I'm thinking about dropping cable and going to sat. I am in the Providence RI local channel area, but I want Boston channels. I'm familiar with(have read about) changing the service address with a rep, "moving", but will this work if I subscribe to a bundle from Veri*on? Will the sat. rep change it without involving my phone or internet billing?

My guess would be the address is tied to Verizons account info. Think you would be out of luck in that sitation. You would want to get D* without bundling and just pay the higher price.

DanoD
Yes it can be done. Since Verizon just bills you for Directv all they care is that the billing address is the same. As Jason noted I just did this recently (well a month or so ago) and "moved".

Telco's just bill you for the service. Directv sends the invoice information (packages, addon's etc) to the Telco and they send you the bill. I have Qwest internet and Directv. My bill says
"for technical help, equipment, programming changes call" and lists the D* number (800-531-5000 or 800-directv)
"for billing questions call" and lists Qwest's customer service number

The same would be for Verizon. You only call them when you have a billing issue. Otherwise you call D*. I have an account on D* but I can't pay there or view my bills. I just called them yesterday to drop the promo for the movie channels and swap receivers.

A month ago I called D* and told them I "moved". I even had a story with it (got new job but its 60 miles away so I need to change the address on file. Keep the billing address the same as I still own that house and go back to it)...just explain that a dish is on the roof and you hooked up the receiver(s) to it and it works. You get all channels that you did like ESPN, CNN, TBS etc.

heck the rep even told me that if I move the receiver back and forth to call so they can change it on file. After they changed the address I said "now do my locals change?" (asking like a newbie) and they'll change them

You might get lucky and due to a glitch keep the existing ones and get the new ones. Thats what happened to me :)

You shouldnt have any issues from either D* or Verizon. I suggest waiting a month or so after you get installed to move ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts