ads interfering with browser navigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Sometimes when I use the Back button in my browser to navigate through the forums, I get a popup box like I'd get if I used the Back button on a search result, saying that it needs to re-send information. Since the page I'm viewing isn't a search result, this shouldn't be happening. When it does happen, the browser's status bar says that it's waiting on ads.satelliteguys.us.

Other times, typically but not always after the above scenario has happened, using the Back button simply leaves me on the page I was viewing when I hit it. When this happens, the status bar says that it's accessing www. gadgetstacks. com (without spaces), although it apparently does complete it.

Since I'm a Pub member, it shouldn't be loading any ads other than the sponsored ones at all, and none are being displayed. I see that the Sat Buddy ad is coming from ads.satelliteguys.us, but I don't see anything on the page coming from gadgetstacks.

It started doing this a week or so ago, but I waited to see if it was going to be something other than a random glitch before I mentioned it.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.5 on Windows 7. I haven't tried any other browsers, but I've restarted both the browser and Windows itself several times since I first noticed the problem.

A number of people have reported this over the past 24 hours.

I am looking into it, but honestly at this time have no idea what it is, as no changes have been made to the system in quite awhile.

What makes it worse is I am not seeing it here or on my other test accounts making it hard to track down.

If you see it again please take a look at the source code and copy and paste the section where it is (and a bit of the code above and below it) so I can better troubleshoot it. My email is scott at sateliteguys dot us.

I am sorry about this and thank you for your help!

A number of people have reported this over the past 24 hours.

I am looking into it, but honestly at this time have no idea what it is, as no changes have been made to the system in quite awhile.

What makes it worse is I am not seeing it here or on my other test accounts making it hard to track down.

If you see it again please take a look at the source code and copy and paste the section where it is (and a bit of the code above and below it) so I can better troubleshoot it. My email is scott at sateliteguys dot us.

I am sorry about this and thank you for your help!

I have noticed it too. It is a intermittent thing. I will forward it to you too if I get it again.

Good luck with your stones:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts