ads...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
The ad in the upper right corner has been going into territory I don't remember it going into before. I just had one that said "Tell Congress it's time for gun background checks -- Click here to sign the petition!" and another that said "Open up to Asians -- Chat Now!"

They are served by Google Adsense, so Google is figuring out what to show based on your internet activity that it knows about, not just this site.

Yup its interest based ads. We have ads like that shut off for non interest based ad serving, but interest based ads overwrite those settings as they think they are showing you what you want to see.

Stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Bowling Green. Have an add for them showing right now.

Attachments

• fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-1982-s.jpg
    fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-1982-s.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: raoul5788
What ever you do, do not search for something like home mortgage or car financing on Google, there will be no end to those ads...

Reactions: navychop
Interest based ads! OMG, endless cat videos!

Oh, wait! The downside is??? <scratch head>

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

What ever you do, do not search for something like home mortgage or car financing on Google, there will be no end to those ads...

I'm not absolutely certain about this, but I think you can minimize or eliminate this type of ad simply by leaving yourself logged out of your Google account.

I dislike the ones that cover the page and obscure content. I have recommended the site to friends who say that it isa factor in them being too turned off to investigate further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts