adth 8009ir to be used as fta receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oskee

Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
An old friend gave me a adth8009ir receiver with the front display showing 8888 only when powered up.It seems its not booting properly.Is there a fix for this?I'd like to use this as a fta receiver,can someone help me on this:(

My experaince with them.

If it is the model I'm thinking of. It was for a service that not longer exists anymore. It would have a access card and what not. I purchased one that worked. But it was setup for like galaxy25 aka were the pay channels was. But they moved I think to dis* instead.

As for the 8888. You can look inside and make sure all the cables are connected properly. I actually killed mine by opening it up. Luckly it was not out much money.

But really it depends. There was two models. One was FTA the other was the paid service.

I would sugguest Jtag but probably more trouble than worth. You would have to have a cable, loader, and factory software for it. I looked all around for factory software to turn my box from paid to FTA. I didn't have any luck. I even e-mail the company who mfgs the box.

Also I think my was ADTH. Not sure though. But it was locked down to only certain transponders on G25 or T5.

Later,

Josh

adth 8009ir

You are right I called my friend he said it was used before by tfc filipino channel.another friend already tried to load other software and the result was the 8888 display after loading.anyway thanks so much i'll try to search other forum on how to fix this.:)

with the prices down you can get a good blind scan box cheap ......

with this adth8009ir without a remote its toast and sounds like you would have to load the factory software to get it back working..... sounds like someone has flashed it with the wrong software trying to make it act like a different receiver. but if that was true then your friend would have tried to flash it back with the original software to get it working again .

good luck

hey!
i have these too.
someone said JTAG-ing this with microroyal mrx1000 would work.
this box is for TFC - The Filipino Channel, and there is also IPTV which is a Thai subscription service (not the internet IPTV thing)

I know that there is firmware for this box available by satellite download from IPTV, just have no idea how to get it (cant transfer software from box to box as the rest of my family has the EXACT same box from IPTV)

this box has been an expensive paperweight for me.

lucky for you that you got 8888 on the front panel. i only have a red light. =/

i started trying to jtag this box, searched the web and started building my own jtag cable.Also i opened the box and noticed that its using a hynix hy29f800t flash memory.I have downloaded the datasheet for this chip and it says theres a software protection if you tried to re-flash it.I think that will be the main problem how to remove or disable this software protection in order to flash it succesfully.but of course i need the correct software for this box any help or suggestions would be a big help.

.I think that will be the main problem how to remove or disable this software protection in order to flash it succesfully.

At the end, you need a VERY calm hand :D
Start the box, locate the RESET pin on the chip and make a short against ground for max 1 second. That should disable the write protection.
PSOP44 - pin 44
TSOP48 - pin 12
R-TSOP48 - pin 37

Not bad for a dedicated but extremely limited.

I have one of these boxes. I picked it up at Goodwill with remote for $10.00. It
will work for FTA however it is not a blind scan box. You have to manually enter every transponder, symbol rate, etc... It also has no way to switch dishes (lnbs)
and obviously no way to move dish motors.

My setup is a Pansat 3500SD box in my living room which runs my Ku Dish and motor. The ADTH box is in my bedroom. I have a Invacom LNB that has 2 Linear and 2 Circular outputs. The extra linear goes to the ADTH. Whatever satellite the primary is pointed to is what the ADTH will be able to get. I have manually programmed in 97, 101, 103, and 123... every transponder. I don't know how many channels it will take but it is good enough for me. It also will do the radio stations.

I would pay no more that 20 - 30.00 for one of these. Just as a cheap way to get into FTA also it can handle getting FTA Circular. Wih only a few Circular FTA stations it would be not worth setting up for 1 or 2 channels per bird!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts