Advice for new customer on getting best deal?

jerzstyle00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
dallas,tx
I am past dish network customer (still have dish on roof)and would like to recommit to them once again.Was hoping for the past 1 year contract but they say they don't have those anymore as it's 24 months now. Like most of us, I am trying to get the best deal possible since it will be for 24 months. Here is what I'd like to order and here are my questions :

120+package and also international programming as well

1)Can I talk my way out of a 24 month commit to a 12 month commitment
instead and still get the promotional rates?

2)Can I talk my way into recieving the special rates for 24 months instead of just the 12 months since im ordering international as well?

3)Considering my selections...what is the best possible deal you guys think I
can get today.

4) During the older days...I remember techs would provide customers with more then what they ordered for a nice tip( I'm sure yall know what Im referring to ;) does that still exist or did technology catch up with that :p

I am past dish network customer (still have dish on roof)and would like to recommit to them once again.Was hoping for the past 1 year contract but they say they don't have those anymore as it's 24 months now. Like most of us, I am trying to get the best deal possible since it will be for 24 months. Here is what I'd like to order and here are my questions :

2)Can I talk my way into recieving the special rates for 24 months instead of just the 12 months since im ordering international as well?

can get today.

4) During the older days...I remember techs would provide customers with more then what they ordered for a nice tip( I'm sure yall know what Im referring to ;) does that still exist or did technology catch up with that :p

4. We don't know what u mean please explain. Thanks

I'm pretty sure techs can not get you extra programming for the price of lower programming. The only way you could ever get anything like that is if you had a showroom account receiver.

You can upgrade if you need to

No

No

can get today.
Formers DHA24

4) During the older days...I remember techs would provide customers with more then what they ordered for a nice tip( I'm sure yall know what Im referring to
wink.gif
does that still exist or did technology catch up with that
tongue.gif

No

A showroom receiver is what retailers put in their showrooms to demo to customers. I am a retailer and we sell TVs as well. In our TV room we have multiple receviers hooked up and they are on a showroom account. Retailers are allowed so many per business. These receivers have all programming available on them, except PPV and VOD.

You can upgrade if you need to

No

No

can get today.
Formers DHA24

4) During the older days...I remember techs would provide customers with more then what they ordered for a nice tip( I'm sure yall know what Im referring to
wink.gif
does that still exist or did technology catch up with that
tongue.gif

No

what is a formers dha24? Is that an older reciever or something?

Just checked the online website. You can sign up (at least as a new customer) and not have a commitment. But you also sacrifice:
12 months promotion credit
Activation fee waived $99.00
6 months free Service Plan $36.00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)