Advice needed for my tailgate setup

WakeBdr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Cumming, GA
With college football right around the corner, it's time to dust off my tailgating equipment. I have an extra Dish 500 that I used to connect to my 322. The problem is I returned my 322 at the end of last season because I no longer needed it in my house since we moved. Now, I'm trying to gather what I need to make my tailgate setup again. I checked the Dish website and it says I would need to pay $70 just to get a basic receiver shipped to me. I don't really feel like paying that, so I went looking around for different alternatives.

I found someone selling two 3000 and two 4000 receivers with blue access cards. He told me Dish said the receivers would work with a yellow access card upgrade.

My question is this: What would I have to do to get a 3000 or 4000 receiver working with what I already have (Dish 500) and how much would it cost me?

Thanks

make sure the box has no balance

hook it up (hopefully you have a Legacy setup) and make sure you have signal and the newest software

Call dish to activate it and they'll send you out a new yellow card in a few days

Thanks for the quick replies.

What do I need to get off the box to check if it has a balance?

Also, forgot to mention that I need to hit 110 and 119 as I believe my locals are on 110.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)