Advice on getting a G5 activated.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
Here is the scenario. Impounded car, owner fled back to mexico have had car for six months, filed for title and received it. Inside was a LG G5. Called Sprint and told them the situation and the ID comes back as still tied to a account even though it is seven months past due. The phone is a boost mobile and I have sprint. The sim will work, but I can't get past the still tied to a account thing. I would not care to much, but my S4 has had a shattered screen for six months now and this phone would work great for me and still keep my $30 a month plan. Any ideas?

Boost is supposed to be a pre-paid service, so the phone should be able to be unlocked, but Sprint can't do it, even though Sprint owns Boost. You'll have to get Boost to do it, but they may be reluctant to release the phone to be moved to a different carrier since you are not the customer. You might need to try the old "I bought the phone at Goodwill" and plead with the CSR to drop the previous owner (as you said, they haven't paid for over six months) but you may need to sign up with Boost to do so.

I had a Virgin Mobile phone four years ago and they would not unlock the phone I had at the time. My wife helped my cause by "accidentally" washing my pants with the phone still in the pocket. But even trying to get the replacement phone set up on Virgin was a hassle, so I replaced the replacement with a T-Mobile phone and started on a different adventure.

Raoul may have the best answer, though. Boost may never release it, and so you have a free paperweight. Maybe take out the SIM and use it as a small tablet and camera?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts