Advice On Setting Up a System...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

combsisthebest

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
I want to try and setup a C-Band (with a Ku/C Feedhorn) system for my house to get mostly FTA stuff (Christian channels for the most part). I tried to do this about a year ago with the old satellite that we have at our house. However, once I bought all the supplies that I needed to update the old satellite it turns out that the dish was rusted and about ready to break (the dish was from about 1979). Ever since then the "project" has been on hold. So now I have all sorts of supplies just lying around (a dual C-Band feedhorn with two 15 degree LNBs, a 52" actuator arm, two 100' coax cables, the two cables that run from the actuator). So now I'm at a loss of what to do (mostly because I'm on a very thin budget). Anyone have any suggestions? Hopefully the situation wasn't very confusing. :eek:

Sounds like you may only need.....

combsisthebest said:
I want to try and setup a C-Band (with a Ku/C Feedhorn) system for my house to get mostly FTA stuff (Christian channels for the most part). I tried to do this about a year ago with the old satellite that we have at our house. However, once I bought all the supplies that I needed to update the old satellite it turns out that the dish was rusted and about ready to break (the dish was from about 1979). Ever since then the "project" has been on hold. So now I have all sorts of supplies just lying around (a dual C-Band feedhorn with two 15 degree LNBs, a 52" actuator arm, two 100' coax cables, the two cables that run from the actuator). So now I'm at a loss of what to do (mostly because I'm on a very thin budget). Anyone have any suggestions? Hopefully the situation wasn't very confusing. :eek:

Sounds like you may only need an FTA receiver, dish, and harness....Check out the faq!!!! We are here to assist where we can! You need more than the two (coax?) cables though ...the faq is very helpful with great links!

Put that together with the FTA forum and you will be up in no time!
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)