Advice on setting up new DISH service

oxonian

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
Houston, TX
Hello friends,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am in the Houston, TX area.

I am thinking of signing up for DISH service. I currently have 1 TV in the house, but may add another one in the future.

1) Any discounts/deals you know of?

Is it better to call the company direct? Or should I go through a third party distributor?

2) Is there any specific type of hardware we should ask for? I have read about different types of Hopper boxes, satellite dishes, etc.

3) Any other suggestions/tips, please let me know

Thank you,

Oxonian

Hello,
Yes, I signed up with GoDish.com if you want I can send you the referral code they gave me if you use it you get a 100$ gift card.

Also note they will try and charge you a $50 activation fee. (in the TOS when they read it to you) Tell them that going thru dish directly they wouldn't charge you that and maybe you should just hang up and call them. They will remove that fee immediately.

I got$50 with a 3 year price lock and netflix free for a year. (Cable companies/satelite are known for yearly price increases. This locks you approx 20$ off their current price. There is a 2 year contract though. Its currently good for plans above 120+

The standard Prices apply:
15$ for a DVR (I got the hopper 3)/month
7$/month additional receivers

They charge for equipment upgrades like wireless receivers. The Hopper depends on your credit. Complain that other providers offered you free equipment. With me they lowered the equipment a $100.

Is it better to call the company direct? Or should I go through a third party distributor?

Yes go thru a 3rd party they are usually able to split their commission with you to get you to sign up.

2) Is there any specific type of hardware we should ask for? I have read about different types of Hopper boxes, satellite dishes, etc.
I really like the Hopper 3. It lets you record 16 shows at once and has a lot of apps. You can probably get a smaller box since you only have 1 or 2 tvs but if you upgrade equipment they require you to restart your 2 year contract so its better to get what you need now. Including a second box. Otherwise any changes you make can probably effect that 3yr price lock.

3) Any other suggestions/tips, please let me know: see above comment about the 2nd box.

Hello,
Yes, I signed up with GoDish.com if you want I can send you the referral code they gave me if you use it you get a 100$ gift card.

Also note they will try and charge you a $50 activation fee. (in the TOS when they read it to you) Tell them that going thru dish directly they wouldn't charge you that and maybe you should just hang up and call them. They will remove that fee immediately.

I got$50 with a 3 year price lock and netflix free for a year. (Cable companies/satelite are known for yearly price increases. This locks you approx 20$ off their current price. There is a 2 year contract though. Its currently good for plans above 120+

The standard Prices apply:
15$ for a DVR (I got the hopper 3)/month
7$/month additional receivers

They charge for equipment upgrades like wireless receivers. The Hopper depends on your credit. Complain that other providers offered you free equipment. With me they lowered the equipment a $100.

Yes go thru a 3rd party they are usually able to split their commission with you to get you to sign up.

I really like the Hopper 3. It lets you record 16 shows at once and has a lot of apps. You can probably get a smaller box since you only have 1 or 2 tvs but if you upgrade equipment they require you to restart your 2 year contract so its better to get what you need now. Including a second box. Otherwise any changes you make can probably effect that 3yr price lock.

3) Any other suggestions/tips, please let me know: see above comment about the 2nd box.
Get Hopper 3 and 4K JOEY!

Hello friends,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am in the Houston, TX area.

I am thinking of signing up for DISH service. I currently have 1 TV in the house, but may add another one in the future.

3) Any other suggestions/tips, please let me know

Thank you,

Oxonian

I believe that the three year price lock is still going on. If you know a good retailer, that is local, that would be a good bet. Otherwise, if you don't know, or can't find one, I would just call Dish directly. Even with just one TV, I would go with the Hopper 3, it is SUPER FAST and has 16 tuners, so there is never a conflict. You might want to add a Joey receiver now, if you are thinking about adding a second TV, that way you can go ahead and have it, if you need it, and if it turns out that you do not get another set, you can always call and deactivate the Joey. The cost for a Joey is an additional $7 per month. The DVR fee for the Hopper 3 is $15. You can also save an additional $5 for 10 months by having a referral code under the "Refer a Friend" program. If you happen to be interested, please send me a PM (Private Message) and I can provide you with a code if you do decide to sign up, and both of us will receive the additional $5 off per month. If you have any more specific questions that haven't been covered I and most everyone here will be glad to try and help you. Good luck.

The 3 yr price lock is still active. I'm pretty sure it expires tonight though so I'd call soon.

Edit it does: Qualification: Advertised price requires credit qualification and eAutoPay. Upfront activation and/or receiver upgrade fees may apply based on credit qualification. Offer ends 04/04/16. 2-Year Commitment: Early termination fee of $20/mo. remaining applies if you cancel early. Included

The 3 yr price lock is still active. I'm pretty sure it expires tonight though so I'd call soon.

Edit it does: Qualification: Advertised price requires credit qualification and eAutoPay. Upfront activation and/or receiver upgrade fees may apply based on credit qualification. Offer ends 04/04/16. 2-Year Commitment: Early termination fee of $20/mo. remaining applies if you cancel early. Included

I got in with this deal along with free Netflix before the deadline. The deal is still on minus Netflix now. I also used a $50 referral code plus the keyword "SWITCHNOW" which scored me a $200 VISA card. So all in all not bad. Looking forward to the Hopper 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts