advice? signal loss/ relocate dish/upgrade?

pcarter

Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
omaha, ne
I have had dish for almost 4 years now, and have been happy with it -
But in the last couple of months I have started to lose signal on 119, and now it's more often gone than not. (And when it works, the signal strength is only ~50)
(110 always stays at 97+)

I am assuming this is because my neighbor's trees have grown and are now getting in the way. .
I am guessing that I need to move my dish, which is currently bolted to the side of my deck, up to my roof/chimney - which should have better line of sight over the trees... (My 129 dish is already up there...)

So -- I called dish, and they want to charge me $99 for "dishMover" to move my dish.
I thought that DishMover was for when you moved to a new house, left your old satellite behind, and wanted a new one installed...

I have no problem moving it myself -- but I'm not sure it would be cost effective by the time I bought the coax, f-conns, crimper, etc...

So here's the question... If I upgrade to one of the new mpeg4 HD boxes.... will they install a dish1000 to replace my 2 dishes and install it on my roof for me - all for the $49 upgrade fee?

Plus the 29.99 cost of the dish tech to come out to your house to redo your dish. But I was thinking the same thing about the dish home protection plan. Add it for 5.99 and once they are through with your dish install you can cancel the insurance.