advice? signal loss/ relocate dish/upgrade?

pcarter

Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
omaha, ne
I have had dish for almost 4 years now, and have been happy with it -
But in the last couple of months I have started to lose signal on 119, and now it's more often gone than not. (And when it works, the signal strength is only ~50)
(110 always stays at 97+)

I am assuming this is because my neighbor's trees have grown and are now getting in the way. .
I am guessing that I need to move my dish, which is currently bolted to the side of my deck, up to my roof/chimney - which should have better line of sight over the trees... (My 129 dish is already up there...)

So -- I called dish, and they want to charge me $99 for "dishMover" to move my dish.
I thought that DishMover was for when you moved to a new house, left your old satellite behind, and wanted a new one installed...

I have no problem moving it myself -- but I'm not sure it would be cost effective by the time I bought the coax, f-conns, crimper, etc...

So here's the question... If I upgrade to one of the new mpeg4 HD boxes.... will they install a dish1000 to replace my 2 dishes and install it on my roof for me - all for the $49 upgrade fee?

Plus the 29.99 cost of the dish tech to come out to your house to redo your dish. But I was thinking the same thing about the dish home protection plan. Add it for 5.99 and once they are through with your dish install you can cancel the insurance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts