AEP + HD Gold/Plat. vs. Turbo Gold + Plat. + Premiums?

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
If my math is correct, there will be (effective 2/1/09) a $6 monthly price difference between the AEP + HD Gold and Plat. bundled package and bundle consisting of the Turbo Gold + Plat. + all four premium movie offerings.

I believe the first bundle breaks down like this: $98 + $20 = $118
I believe the second bundle would break down as follows: $50 + $40 + $10 + $12 (DVR service fees- 2 722s, waived for an AEP subscriber) = $112.

So, if this math is correct, and there would be a $6 monthly difference, what SD channels would not be included in the second proposed bundle? I guess I am asking... for $6/month more, why not get everything-- unless the additional HD channels purportedly on the horizon will close the gap such that there really isn't $6 worth of value in the remaining non-HD channels.

Thoughts about this as well as a check of my math are appreciated!

I can tell you for sure that AEP will be $102.98
HD Gold $10
HD Platinum $10
Total $122.98 This INCLUDES DVR Service for all your DVR's with AEP.
Turbo packs I'm not sure what the charges are. But I bet only 1 DVR fee at the most will only be waved.

Sorry, have to ask for some info here as we are looking to save some cash. We want every HD channel available including premiums. Right now we get the everything pack plus all HD and locals. I want to say we pay $5 for locals.

CURRENT AEP PLAN
$100 AEP (Includes 4 Premium + Locals)
$020 GoldHD with PlatinumHD
$007 Leased Receiver Fee
$006 Dish Home Protection Plan
$000 Locals
$000 DVR Fee
$133 TOTAL

Do I have this correct below?

TURBO-HD PLATINUM + 4 PREMIUMS
$050 TurboHD Gold
$010 PlatinumHD
$040 Four Premiums
$006 Locals
$007 Leased Reciever Fee
$006 622 DVR FEE (Waived?)
$125 TOTAL

Last edited:
It is interesting AEP has NBA TV in it, but the Platinum HD has it also. If you are getting all 4 premiums you can get one month free by prepaying all 4 premiums for a year. You will need the Mega Movie Pack. It is an obscure package, but it will save you some if you want to prepay.

Dish Programming offers

Just checked my account. It had 2 offers: 1.) HBO & Starz free for 3 months and 2.)$ 10 off/month for 12 months with a 24 month commitment.

I already sub to AEP with Gold HD and Plat HD, so that saves me $20/month for 3 months and I'm only a week into a new commitment, so that was a no brainer.

So, $30/month off for 3 months and $10/month off for the remaining 9 months. That's a pretty good deal for me. Every little bit helps. Anyone else get the same?

Just checked my account. It had 2 offers: 1.) HBO & Starz free for 3 months and 2.)$ 10 off/month for 12 months with a 24 month commitment.

I already sub to AEP with Gold HD and Plat HD, so that saves me $20/month for 3 months and I'm only a week into a new commitment, so that was a no brainer.

So, $30/month off for 3 months and $10/month off for the remaining 9 months. That's a pretty good deal for me. Every little bit helps. Anyone else get the same?
Yep I did , And quite a few also . Check out the Smithsonian thread.

Sorry, have to ask for some info here as we are looking to save some cash. We want every HD channel available including premiums. Right now we get the everything pack plus all HD and locals. I want to say we pay $5 for locals.

CURRENT AEP PLAN
$100 AEP (Includes 4 Premium + Locals)
$020 GoldHD with PlatinumHD
$007 Leased Receiver Fee
$000 Locals
$000 DVR Fee
$133 TOTAL

Do I have this correct below?

TURBO-HD PLATINUM + 4 PREMIUMS
$050 TurboHD Gold
$010 PlatinumHD
$040 Four Premiums
$006 Locals
$007 Leased Reciever Fee
$006 622 DVR FEE (Waived?)
$125 TOTAL
Yep Looks good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts