Afraid to sign up with DISH

If your upset about rain fade loss, consider getting OTA antenna and hook it up your dish receiver. I have OTA and any time we have severe storms I switch to the OTA and receive my locals with radar and weather reports. We loose sat signal very little anyway. It does happen more now since your reading three sat signals compared too the old days where you were only pulling in one signal. Rain fade loss should be the least of worries. Worry more about cable signal getting worse by the number of locals you may have on your same line and signal getting low. I found when I had cable my picture quality was always changing for the worse and some of the upper channels quality was just pitiful. Cable is the last resort for myself. As I said before do your home work and when you think you may know what you want ask questions here about specific equipment and add-on"s.

Who said anyone was upset about rain fade? I myself posted to point out that any significant rain fade only occurs in the most extreme thunderstorm conditions, which just happen to occur a bit more frequently here than in most other areas of the country. A years worth of Dish rain fade here is still better than a single cable outage.

Sorry, I see that you are addressing the OP, if he ever returns.

At least with satellite you know that if you do have rain fade that it will come back in a couple minutes. With cable you never know how long it will take to recover froma cut cable.

Who said anyone was upset about rain fade? I myself posted to point out that any significant rain fade only occurs in the most extreme thunderstorm conditions, which just happen to occur a bit more frequently here than in most other areas of the country. A years worth of Dish rain fade here is still better than a single cable outage.

Sorry, I see that you are addressing the OP, if he ever returns.

I know in Florida you get those fair share of hurricanes but here in Oklahoma if the twisters don't get your sat system knocked out the hail will beat the hell out of your dish!

With what you're thinking, all businesses are like that. Verizon, AT&T, Dish, Directv,Comcast, Charter. It's called screw the little guy.

I know what channels I want and what I can afford to pay. I have a lot of questions so I think I will give DISH a call and talk to them.

I know what channels I want and what I can afford to pay. I have a lot of questions so I think I will give DISH a call and talk to them.

There are DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) members who are Dish employees who monitor this site. If you go to a thread page, you can see who's online near the bottom of the page. Their usernames are in red. You will get better and faster results using them and a standard csr.

Also, note that when your tube TVs die (good riddance!) you won't be able to replace them with something comparably crappy.

Unless he hits the yardsales, flea markets, goodwill or craigslist to shop for a slightly used new TV.

Anyways make sure that $34.95 offer isn't a promotional price. Sometimes DISH offers programming for half off for so many months/years to new qualifying customers.

Rain Fade is rare where I live but it does happen when it's raining so hard that you can barely see the house across the street. Also I actually live in an area where the cable has gone out more than the DISH during a rain storm and stay down for the rest of the day. Our cable company has been also been known to kill the feed at 12am just to run maintenance and no I'm just not talking about the internet, i'm talking about cable TV.

Last edited:
$34.99 is the promotional price dish is advertising for the AT200. Regular price is $64.99. You get $30 a month off for a year, $20 is instant & the $10 requires online redemption with autopay. 4 tv's using the cheapest way would be 2 dual tuner receivers, 2-222's or 2-322's, 2nd receiver is $17 per month. With that combination of equipment & autopay your 1st bill would be $61.99 paid upfront when order is built. After system is activated you would want to do the online bonus, that would make your next bill $51.99 & would be that way through month 12. Month 13 would be $71.99 & there after would be regular price @ $81.99. Of course taxes would have to be figured in as well. Dish also includes the protection plan free for 4 months, if not canceled at the end of the free term your bill would be another $7 higher. Same goes with the promotional movie channels they offer, they would have to canceled as well if you didn't want to keep. The only catch to the free movies & upsets some folks is that dish pre bills your programming, if you wait till near the end of the 90 days to cancel free movies they bill you for them & credit you back the following month.

4 tv's using the cheapest way would be 2 dual tuner receivers, 2-222's or 2-322's, 2nd receiver is $17 per month.

The 2nd receiver for non-DVRs would be $14/mo. You could also go with 3 receivers, e.g. a 222 and two 211s, for the same $14/mo.

The 2nd receiver for non-DVRs would be $14/mo. You could also go with 3 receivers, e.g. a 222 and two 211s, for the same $14/mo.

Thanks for pointing that out. Lol.....I already knew that but I sure didn't say it.:eek: Guess I was still in la la land & didn't quite have all my ducks in a row yet. Without proof of my post I would have never believed it. Thanks.

No worries mate! All of us get on autopilot and fly off to la la land once in awhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)