After a Visit to the Vet

stevenl

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Disney World
After the bird got a few shots at the vet she seemed to be feeling much better and had this to say:

Near the end of May Expect BHN Orlando to unleash a brandnew interactive guide system allowing them to add many new features to it. Current model guide doesnt allow adding third party software additions. This new system will allow them to add the "Caller ID on TV" system that is been launched in tampa area. So when you get a phone call on your digital phone you can see who is calling right on your TV. Fun eh? Also expect other features added to help improve functionality and extra fun features..

Now the bird was cchewing on a cracker at the time so it came out gargled but thats the word on the street, off the record of course.

well, whadda ya know, steve......glad the birdie is feeling better and glad you understood the off-the-record lesson plan!!!

but, at least, i'd like to know more about upcoming hd channels, if you gather my drift!!!

Interesting that the bird would say BHN Orlando @ the end of May as it was singing a different tune less than 30 days ago.

Interesting that the bird would say BHN Orlando @ the end of May as it was singing a different tune less than 30 days ago.

The birdie never said before that the name would be differnt.... But it also used BHN Orlando to let people clearly know what area it was talking about... it could of been tampa. bakersfield... anywhere.. So the birdie had to be distinctive :)

infact I recall the birdie saying this and I quote

""I dont forsee a name change on BHNs part... At least not if it goes the way the bird says... But that being said I also dont think it will be the same BHN leadership... Possible an SBC/att type thing? Who knows.....""

Another new change is the box software is being changed...as far as i know its gonna look different. Also it'll be easier to use and have more features (like a gauge telling u how much space u have on ur dvr) This upgrade will allow certain things like the on screen caller ID. Also when the BHN Cell services comes out (around May) alot of TV features will be intergrated with ur phone. Eventually you should be able to watch tv on ur cell phone, look at ur home guide and program ur DVR using ur phone :)

Another new change is the box software is being changed...as far as i know its gonna look different. Also it'll be easier to use and have more features (like a gauge telling u how much space u have on ur dvr) This upgrade will allow certain things like the on screen caller ID. Also when the BHN Cell services comes out (around May) alot of TV features will be intergrated with ur phone. Eventually you should be able to watch tv on ur cell phone, look at ur home guide and program ur DVR using ur phone :)

Yea the birdie said that a week ago or more in another post. The TV on your phone is already possible with sprint and is SUPPOSE to launch the end of this month to the public.

sry im new here...umm yea im doing the sprint jv testing so yea the tv works and... we had a meeting a couple weeks ago and i was told the cell service is delayed, it was actually supposed to launch this month.

I'm on the east coast... btw it might be a bit different, I know Tampa gets all the new gadgets first

sry im new here...umm yea im doing the sprint jv testing so yea the tv works and... we had a meeting a couple weeks ago and i was told the cell service is delayed, it was actually supposed to launch this month.

I'm on the east coast... btw it might be a bit different, I know Tampa gets all the new gadgets first

Ya im in orlando area. Welcome to the forum glad your here.

Cox Launches Wireless in Arizona, California
Cox Communications, in conjunction with Sprint Nextel, today introduced wireless phone service in its Arizona and San Diego, Calif., markets.
The wireless offering is part of Cox's bundle of video, high-speed internet and digital phone service.

With the service, users can watch live TV on the go, accessing programming from ABC News Now, ESPN 3G and The Weather Channel via the wireless handset, Cox said. The wireless offering also offers e-mail and internet access, music downloads, access to Cox's wired phone service and voice mail.

Cox's Mobile Access has been developed through a joint venture with Sprint Nextel and other cable companies, including Bright House Networks, Comcast and Time Warner. Cox said it will launch mobile services in additional markets throughout the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)