? after contacting DN cust. srvc

parvinr

Original poster
Feb 14, 2009
n.w alabama
I have a Turbo hd dish with a dpp lnb with 3 outputs and 1 input on the lnb the 2 cables coming out of it are going to a vip722 receiver that is running 2 rooms of tv fmly rm/kids rm ! I would like to add a receiver to another childs room well after talking to dn they want me to pay either 150 for the receiver or sign a 2yr contract neither of which i want to do! I would like to know what receivers will word with the hd setup that i may out right purchase (cheaper i hope ) and run the rg6 myself call dish and have the activate it? dish is pointed at 110/119/129

Last edited:
Look for a ViP211/211k on eBay. Make sure to check the R##### and S##### numbers off the receiver with Dish BEFORE you bid AND make sure the receiver has the latest (i believe it is purple) card inserted in the card slot.

Should go for about $100, maybe less if you're fortunate.

A new 211 is about $120 retail.

Look in the classifieds. Last I saw Claude had some on a good closeout sale.

I have a Turbo hd dish with a dpp lnb with 3 outputs and 1 input on the lnb the 2 cables coming out of it are going to a vip722 receiver that is running 2 rooms of tv fmly rm/kids rm ! I would like to add a receiver to another childs room well after talking to dn they want me to pay either 150 for the receiver or sign a 2yr contract neither of which i want to do! I would like to know what receivers will word with the hd setup that i may out right purchase (cheaper i hope ) and run the rg6 myself call dish and have the activate it? dish is pointed at 110/119/129

If you have 2 cables coming down off the dish you could use one of them for the new receiver. You would need a seperator for the 722, then you would only need one line to the 722 and could use the other for the new receiver. You may have 2 coming off the dish, but only one to the 722, look for a ground block somewhere in between and you might find the open line.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

3-way splitter OK for 3 Joey's?

New VIP722k receiver, won't show up correctly on Dishonline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts