After Hopper S542 Update, Guide Search No Longer Works.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wlp229

Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
Marietta
We have a 2nd generation hopper and a joey. The hopper received the update to S542 on Tuesday. Since the update I can no longer search the guide. The unit has been thru the nightly processing several times since the update, so I was thinking that by now, the guide search should be working. The guide seems to be fully populated for at least 7 days, but when I select a program in the guide and hit search, I get the "No Results Found" screen. I have called support, and they are saying that it is a known issue and should be resolved in the next release, but don't know when that will be. I have done some searching around and can't find anyone else that is experiencing this problem so I wanted to check in to see if anyone here is having the same problem.. If no one else is seeing the problem, and I am still seeing the problem next week, I might want to try and insist on hopper exchange. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

We have a 2nd generation hopper and a joey. The hopper received the update to S542 on Tuesday. Since the update I can no longer search the guide. The unit has been thru the nightly processing several times since the update, so I was thinking that by now, the guide search should be working. The guide seems to be fully populated for at least 7 days, but when I select a program in the guide and hit search, I get the "No Results Found" screen. I have called support, and they are saying that it is a known issue and should be resolved in the next release, but don't know when that will be. I have done some searching around and can't find anyone else that is experiencing this problem so I wanted to check in to see if anyone here is having the same problem.. If no one else is seeing the problem, and I am still seeing the problem next week, I might want to try and insist on hopper exchange. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!
If it's still happening by then you might as well force the new carbon ui update because if you exchange it the replacement will download the new ui when you hook it up anyway and the search works on carbon

I have a HWS updated to S542 and my search function is also broken. I contacted Dish 2 days ago to report the problem. There is no solution except to update to Carbon UI as suggested by Joe891.

This morning both my Hopper and Joey can search the guide again.. I am still on S542 for the hopper.. and S492 for the Joey.. Hopefully whatever happened last night to correct the problem went out to everybody.. For me I'm ok with the current interface, and will probably leave it alone until I'm forced to accept the update... I'm in the "It ain't broke, please stop fixing it!" camp.. Thanks for all the input! This community is a great resource for Dish Customers!!

The search problem was related to the program guide and not the software update. The search on my two hopper with slings running S542 would find VOD but not programs in the channel guide. While this was happening, searches using Dish Anywhere would still work. As wlp229 reported, searches are now working this morning and I am still at S542.

When I called Dish Technical Support last week I voiced my concerns that DISH was using the broken search function to force us to upgrade to the new CUI. The Advanced Tech said the problem was with the guide information and it was affecting all of their receivers. He reassured me that they are not going to force existing hoppers to receive the new CUI.

I am happy since December 22 has passed and I still have the dependable old interface.

Last night I had the search problem on my HWS. It would not find most things that I typed in to search for, but there were a couple of searches that did work... seemed random to me. I hope that it is just the guide information that is wrong.

I just checked my HWS, pulled up the guide and hit search. Works fine. I have S542 and received the update on 12/12/2016.

my S542 update has been in since the beginning of Dec. I wondered if eventually the Carbon UI eventually will load in on it's own or is something that the I would have to do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)