After power outage, picture is larger than TV screen.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronconnolly

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
San Jose, Ca.
About 3 weeks ago, we had a power outage in the early hours of the morning, around 2:30 am. When the power returned about 14 hours later, I noticed that the picture on a HD channel seemed to be significantly larger than the TV screen. For an example, the "Animal Planet" logo that sits on the upper right corner is now seen as only the left edge of the "A". The TV was not on when the power went out but the VIP722 2nd Rx may have been in use by my daughter or the box could have been in the middle of an update, as it is always connected to the phone line. SD programming looks fine and fills the screen as it did before the ouage.
Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong and how to correct the problem? Should I have DISH Tech come out to check it?
Your help is much appreciated! Thanks!

The "zoom" could also be the TV's format or Picture size feature. Try the format button on the Dish receiver's remote first (The asterisk, lower right) - press it repeatedly until it looks okay. If that doesn't fix it, try the same thing on the TV's remote...the format/picture size/aspect feature is different on every brand.

Sorry Tony, that's lower LEFT button (*, also labeled FORMAT).

You can always check when a full picture (not a guide or list) is up, by pressing the cancel (lower right of the blue wheel) and looking at the box left, below the top banner.

Using Format it will successively say Normal, Stretch, Partial Zoom, Zoom, Gray Bar, Normal again. TV2 has a shorter list in dual mode.

BTW, the state of zoom is kept separately for SD and HD channels, not by channel content.

-Ken

Zoom maybe

Since it took place after a power outage I tend to think that it maybe that the set returned to factory settings. Especially if all the channels seem to be too large.

:hatsoff: Thank you ALL for your responses. It was the format button on the DISH remote. Once I put it in NORMAL everything returned to the way it was before the power outage.
Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)