After storm 103° W TP 4141 no Q

Status
Please reply by conversation.

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Can anyone tell me if they are receiving this? All the channels are working except the ones on 4141, I get 0 Q on 4141 but great Q on all the others. We had a big storm last night but I would expect something else to be low or 0 Q for it to have moved?

Damn it, how can I be missing one TP? Im gonna power cycle the box...

EDIT: Power cycle didn't help. On the installation screen I'm getting intermittent jumping of the Q and S. Maybe interference? I had that kinda behavior before once. I'll give it a bit and come back to it... Thanks guys.

Do you have a polarotor on your feed? Maybe it's stuck in the horizontal position, if your feed has a polarotor.

Do you have a polarotor on your feed? Maybe it's stuck in the horizontal position, if your feed has a polarotor.

No sure don't. Voltage controlled. Keep in mind I haven't troubleshot anything really yet. I don't have it in me right now, not getting out of this chair. lol

Sounds like someone has a little water intrusion on their coax!

Wait, is that possible? That occurred to me since these intermittent things are happening around rain. How would that be possible though, the connection at the LNB is under the cover and the connection runs straight in the house to the STB. No barrels, no nothing. Brand new 250 ft run of cable cut down to length, I think around 150ish ft. How often does coax come from the factory with holes in it?

I would at least check the one outside. Even if it is under a cover there could be water getting in. In the past I have used that silicone gel to seal up the ends exposed to weather.

Reactions: olliec420
I would at least check the one outside. Even if it is under a cover there could be water getting in. In the past I have used that silicone gel to seal up the ends exposed to weather.

Yeah it was really bad storm, the remnants of the ones that caused the tornado in Texas the other day. I guess water could have blown under the cover but damn that would have to be just right. I'll keep an eye on that, thanks. Being in FL, should be able to recreate that scenario many times this summer.

Pop the blue cover off the end of the LNBF and look inside to see if bees are making a nest in there. That's happened here a few times.

Right now, I've got a family of sparrows that made a nest up under the black LNBF cover on my 9' dish. I would've thought the constant movement would've deterred them, but it doesn't seem to bother them at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)