Again Lawsuit for False Advertising (CBS-HD)

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
If the Dish Demo channel (sales vehicle) is offered in full HD glory. Then they are advertising this as HD.

If I as a consumer purchase this product and it is downrezzed, isn't this false advertising?

Again, I don't want a lawsuit but we need to get this to the general public. I am one step away from cutting all HD programming from DISH.

Come on FIOS!!!!!!!!!

The best way to address a mis-representation of a product is to file a complaint with the attorney general in your state. There is no law stopping them from selling a product like "HD-lite", but they cannot call it HD when it can be proven that it is not.

I am giving them a couple of weeks to see what they are going to do and if the HD I am paying for isn't sent to me in either of the two defined formats for HD, I will be filing a complaint with the CA AG.

Imagine Dish trying to sell these services without calling them HD due to a judgement against them in a couple of states.

Gee d* has been doing this for over a year now!!! And once HD channels really start to multiply Cable co's will soon run out of bandwidth and will be forced to do the same thing...Fios is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the future for most people

Dish has the HD market going for them because they have always prided themselves on quility but here lately they are losing touch with the thing that brought them alot of high paying customers. I think if dish doesn't keep doing HD in full rez there isn't much keeping alot of HD customers from going to Directv.

BrettTRay said:
Dish has the HD market going for them because they have always prided themselves on quility but here lately they are losing touch with the thing that brought them alot of high paying customers. I think if dish doesn't keep doing HD in full rez there isn't much keeping alot of HD customers from going to Directv.
other than the fact that HD looks way worse on the competition

that's my point

Does Direct demo their HD on a full res channel?

DISH is saying on their demo "here is our HD", even showing clips from other HD channels.

It's false advertising when they downrez the same channels they are demoing at full rez.

I will switch to Direct if the HD stays the same. The only thing that keeps me with DISH is the VOOMHD and Sirius Channels.

Not false advertising. They say HD. And HD has many resolutions. Down to SD would be wrong, but any HD resolution falls into the advertising.

bdemz said:
If the Dish Demo channel (sales vehicle) is offered in full HD glory. Then they are advertising this as HD.
If I as a consumer purchase this product and it is downrezzed, isn't this false advertising?
Again, I don't want a lawsuit but we need to get this to the general public. I am one step away from cutting all HD programming from DISH.
Come on FIOS!!!!!!!!!
The demo channel only shows discovery hd And yes discovery hd is offered in full HD so where is the false advertising???

Barry Erick said:
Not false advertising. They say HD. And HD has many resolutions. Down to SD would be wrong, but any HD resolution falls into the advertising.

1280 x 1080i or 1440 x 1080i is not considered High Definition by the FCC. They could promote it as EDTV. Then they wouldn't be mis-representing their product to consumers.

Barry Erick said:

Its implied though and if you advertise something and imply that its one thing but then offer it or most of it as something else though fail to state that only part of what you are offering is what your selling and that the rest is a lesser version then I would say that anyone or any group that files a complaint would have a leg to stand on. It would be the same if you said you were selling a 2005 Mclaren GT with only 5,000 miles for only $12,000 and failed to mention that it had been in an acident and had also been water damaged by a flash flood.

bdemz said:
I will switch to Direct if the HD stays the same. The only thing that keeps me with DISH is the VOOMHD and Sirius Channels.

yes, I agree I think we all should switch to directv who has the bestest of the best HD on the planet, oh wait thats right they downrez too.....Dish is only downrezzin the voom and now cbs guys, NOTHING IN THE HD PACK IS DOWNREZZEd as of right now, most of the people who are complaining about HD sucking probably dosent even have voom but instead going off what other people are saying on here!

Stuart

No, I am not saying I will switch to DTV for the HD. The only reason I stay with Dish is the true HD and Sirius music channels. If they stay on the HD-Lite course, I will drop them for Direct. Then the diff. between the 2 is non existant and I can get NFL package.

I think Dish is making a very big mistake, they can take over the HD market by offering true-HD and let everyone know DIrect HD is BS.

My lawyer friend said we could have a case if Dish does not indicate they are changing the product and advertising as HD.

of course your lawyer friend would say that LOL, He would be the only one getting money out of a court case....oh and by the way I have a good feeling that dish will be righting the downrezzing of the voom channels! and just remember guys the HD pack is unchanged!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)