Again more issues with Dish

JohnnyB40

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 23, 2003
Elk Grove ,IL
anyone else have this problem I work 2nd shift and stay up after Work
This week I noticed allot of HD channels listed as off air around 2:00 in the morning
SHOHD, HBOHD, TNTHD,DISCOVER HD ESPN HD not to forget HGTV HD and FOOD HD that only show info shows and no HDPPV that is always off the air why am I paying Dish 120.00 a month for and receiving nothing in return?

can anyone tell me if Directv is the same Ive had it with Dish this maybe it for me
not to forget when I called dish to ask why this is happening it took over 20 minutes and three transfers to here the same old cop out that the channels that are at fault it not Dish .....

anyone else have this problem I work 2nd shift and stay up after Work
This week I noticed allot of HD channels listed as off air around 2:00 in the morning
SHOHD, HBOHD, TNTHD,DISCOVER HD ESPN HD not to forget HGTV HD and FOOD HD that only show info shows and no HDPPV that is always off the air why am I paying Dish 120.00 a month for and receiving nothing in return?

can anyone tell me if Directv is the same Ive had it with Dish this maybe it for me
not to forget when I called dish to ask why this is happening it took over 20 minutes and three transfers to here the same old cop out that the channels that are at fault it not Dish .....

Maybe your receiver is not downloading the guide. You need to turn off the receiver to download the guide.

to answer above questions yes I do have a 622 NOT the point life is to busy to set a side time to program shows I wish to view all the time I record quite a few shows but I pay the same as everyone else and should have the same options as my fellow subscribers

2 went to showtimes and HBO site they both showed HD programs playing during this time But HBO was HD on Dish was playing a different show chris Rock concert
in SD and Showtime had some weird english play in SD

I did try TNT it still had x-Files in HD even though the program guide said off air

when I called the last tech I spoke with stated it was operational cost of keeping these low in demand channels up but then quickly claimed it's the channels themselves making the decision I asked who would be more worried about operational costs and bandwidth premium channel owners or Dish I believe it's the would be dish!

what every channel just happened to decide at the same time to stop it's operations at night within two days of each other ???

I'll see next tonight if this continues I noticed on friday programming continued threw out the night

again Ill take the advice of unplugging the receiver but this seems like the cheap *ss thing Dishnetwork would do to save a buck they tend to stick it to the minority subscribers

From what I know they are doing some work at the uplink at those times. (Hopefully putting in better MPEG4 encoders) in addition a number of HD channels moved transponders last night around that time.

From what I know they are doing some work at the uplink at those times. (Hopefully putting in better MPEG4 encoders) in addition a number of HD channels moved transponders last night around that time.

That makes more sense then what I was told was going on

I did power down the 622 when I rebooted it does show HD content now instead of off the air so we'll see tonight what happens

It would be better if dish inserted "System service" or "system upgrades temporary off air" instead of just "off the air" when doing system work

I too am a night owl and have seen the "off air" in the guide the last two nights. If you tune in to the "off air" channel there is regular programming with intermittent outages which seems to support what Scott G. is saying.

And YES they were making changes at the uplink, the following channels are now on 1 transponder and all of them are now REAL MPEG4.

ESPN2
NFLHD
NTGHD
StarzHD
HGTVHD
FoodHD

This is the most HD they have ever loaded on one transponder. I have not seen the PQ yet, but I can only imagine that it looks like crap... or they good GOOD mpeg4 encoders. :)

I'll find out when I get home tonite too. I do know a looong time ago HBO HD showed off air at one point at like 2 AM but it really wasn't. Something was on, it was something cheesy, like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure but there was something. Are these recent outages not like that??

yep receiving HD tonight scott hit on the nail head

why can't dish just tell the truth?? I not totally unreasonable I also have cable Internet which goes out during the night as they are upgrading the system I call they inform me of the work going on I move on, No Dish has to tell me that channels are being pulled during off peek hours by networks due to the high cost ??

it baffles me

yesterday before scott's reply I emailed Dish with my question about these outages the person had plenty of time to research the problem and this is what i received in a reply

Thank you for your email. DISH Network is not responsible for any of the programming schedule of stations carried on the satellite. Each network has control over its own programming lineup and schedule. Please understand that the programming offered by DISH Network does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the corporation. Any questions or comments regarding a network’s programming content or schedule should be addressed with that network directly. Please refer to www.zap2it.com to obtain the addresses of all networks.

We also want to apologize for not meeting your expectations in customer service. We pride ourselves with providing each and every customer with a positive experience when contacting us. Feedback from our customers, both positive and negative, drives the quality of our customer service. It is apparent in our quest for providing our customers with world class customer service, we have fallen short. The decisions made are based on company policy. If we find that a policy is negatively impacting the majority of our customer’s satisfaction, that policy is scrutinized for effectiveness. Again, we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this issue.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

why can't dish just tell the truth?? I not totally unreasonable I also have cable Internet which goes out during the night as they are upgrading the system I call they inform me of the work going on I move on, No Dish has to tell me that channels are being pulled during off peek hours by networks due to the high cost ??

The blame goes into the communications between development and customer service. I work in a call center part time and what it comes down to is that when people don't know the answer they just make stuff up. I bet you if you called back less then five minutes later you would have gotten a different answer. Most likely nobody there had any idea what was going on and gave you the canned next best answer. Its a shame...but its usually how it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)