Aiming *Choice Elliptical Dish

ijourneaux

Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
I finally have all of my equipment a 205 reciever and and dual LNB *Choice elliptical dish.

For love nor money I can seem to get a signal.

Based on http://www.kusat.com/install/calculator2.php

for

Latitude = 44.5210, Longitude = -89.5345
Lat = 44 degrees, 31.3 minutes North
Long = 89 degrees, 32.1 minutes West

I should be pointed at 206.65 with 35.02 and skew of 105.3. Other website seem to give slightly different settings

I borrowed a satelite finder (that I have used when finding Dish Network satelites) but it doesn't light up (as if it isn't getting power from the reciever).

First thing, do the satelite finders work with the *choice receiver? If they are supposed to do I have something wrong with the LNB or the receiver? I tried all four of the outputs but got nothing on any of them.

If the satelite finder isn't supposed to work with the *Choice receiver, I can follow the instructions on the othe posts to aim it using the info on the aiming or diagnositc page.

Appreciate any help.

numbers are off. Use this for numbers
http://www.global-cm.net/CAN/SC/point/USAangskew.html
Mike is pretty bang on with his numbers.

according to location, I used Wausau as reference and I get
34 elevation
209 azimuth
skew of 110

I wouldnt use the meter. Use the meter on the receiver. Select channel 284 and go
options 6-0-5 right arrow to dsiagnostic C
There will be a number in corner that says -1.0

when you hit a signal that number starts bouncing and will be a +
+5 is minimum
+7.5 or higher is great :)

No luck. But perhaps it isn't the coordinates.

As it stand right now, the only channel that can be tuned is 256 (and that comes up by default). I wasn't able to select 284 as you mentioned in your post. Maybe the reciever is in a wrong mode?

Some misc info from the diagnostic pages
Diagnostic A: indicates not in support mode
Diagnostic B: Passed
Diagnostic C: THe only negative number is -3 and it is located on the right side middle

On the tune satelite page the Provider ID is 0. Changing it to a non zero value brings up a found correct signal. But it doesn't seem to do anything beyond that.
The Satellite field is blank and the signal strength never changes from 9

I was back at the club and turns out I had to do a factory reset. FOr some reason the receiver would not tune to anything other than 256. After the reste, I could get to 284, found the satelite, tuned to 299.

Everything is happy in central Wisconsin.

Well not quite. I bought the receiver from La Source in Quebec. It was thier last unit. They must have used it as a demo as it is still registered to them. *Choice would not assing the unit to me so I have to call the store I bought it at on Monday to resolve the issue.

BellExpressVU channel layouts - PDF files

BEV future plans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)