AirTV guide data question

Bump. I too would like to know this.

I'd also be interested in a review of they DVR functionality as I don't seem to be able to find a comprehensive one anywhere.

As of right now, I can tell you it gets exactly 7 days of guide data. Most, if not all, subchannel guide data is present. Will post an update on the DVR functionality in the next few days.

In the meantime, here are some screenshots of what the grid guide looks like as viewed on my iPhone XS:

6F53CDF1-952A-487E-9B58-B7FC95A09134.png
9D0ADEC2-56E3-4D61-8A64-4615337724EF.png
3B9B6010-EBB5-4391-9257-74F225F3D932.png
DEA658DD-9A51-4F47-A12E-661609F50246.png

Reactions: ncted and TheKrell
There is no way it will get seven days of Guide data for all channels using PSIP data. It has to be downloading the Guide over the internet. The question is Who are they using to provide the Guide since they are not charging for the Guide.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The guide data works great, but I've discovered that some timers aren't firing as they're supposed to. I had several timers set for tonight that didn't record. Also, the search function only seems to comb through SlingTV listings; it doesn't display search results for OTA channels. I'm going to contact AirTV tomorrow or Tuesday to see what they can do.

Reactions: primestar31
I decided to try out the AirTV since things didn't work out as well as I had hoped with the Recast. The idea being that it could maybe be a backup solution to protect against retransmission disputes for whatever I choose to do in the long run, whether that is stick with Dish or switch to an OTT solution like YTTV, Hulu, PS Vue, or Sling. The Sling integration is particularly attractive. Anyway, I got it today, and setup was easy. It actually seems to pull in my VHF ABC station better than the Recast, but I am having trouble with my NBC station. It is weird. All of the sub channels come in fine, but the main channel breaks up really bad. When I test this channel on my TV tuner, it is a solid 100% with no obvious errors. Any idea why this might be happening?

I would try resetting it and doing the channel scan again-

Yeah, I tried that. I also added a splitter, thinking it might be situation where the signal is too strong, but it didn't change anything. I am considering removing the pre-amp to see if that helps.

Even after removing the pre-amp and adding the splitter, NBC doesn't tune, even though its subchannels do. It isn't low signal, as I found I get an error when that is the case. I actually think the AirTV has a better tuner than the Recast, but I can't seem to get this one station to come in correctly.

I also noticed there is one subchannel it won't tune. I can highlight it and press select, but nothing ever happens. There doesn't appear to be any guide data for the channel. Pretty disappointing experience so far. What it does, it does well. Channel switching is slow, and there is no live buffer, but PQ and motion is quite good. I'd say it is as good or better than the Recast at transcoding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)