Al-Jazeera HD: No EchoStar, No Cable

I've been watching Aljazeera on Globecast for few days and I can say with confidence that their news reports are not biased at all. In fact, some of the best English speaking journalists from all over the world work for them. As a team they are far more professional than CNN, MSNBC, FOXNews :rolleyes: or any other US news network.
In every war the first casulty is truth which is why Bush has bombed Aljazeera's offices in both Kabul and Baghdad. Aljazeera reports human side of the war which is why the White House hates them. Bush doesn't want you to know the truth.

I encourage all of those who are down on Al-Jazeera, without having seen it, to rent the DVD "Control Room." The view that it provides into Al-Jazeera will surprise you, along with the fact that they are considered a threat to existing dictatorships in the Arab world. I believe that they have gotten a bad reputation in the US largely due to propaganda, and due to the fact that their broadcasts are more forthright about the horror of war that is only presented in statistics in our own media. Based on this brief exposure, my personal feeling is that they may less biased than Fox news.

We should at least be offered the choice of whether we want to subscribe to it or not, and allow those who don't to exercise that choise, along with those who do.

It is interesting to note that most experts credit Al Jazeera for most democracy movements in the Middle East. AJ is really the first network people in the region trust that is not controlled by national governments. The revolution in Lebannon that kicked Syria out of the country was modled on what happened in Ukraine. Syria would still be running that nation if the people of Lebannon had not seen the Ukrainian revolution on AJ.

As Ann Coulter (my dream babe) said after 9/11: "We should invade their countries,kill their leaders,and convert them to Christianity"

As Ann Coulter (my dream babe) said after 9/11: "We should invade their countries,kill their leaders,and convert them to Christianity"

Proof positive that there is little ethical difference between the right wing extremists of any culture, religion, or nation.

Proof positive that there is little ethical difference between the right wing extremists of any culture, religion, or nation.

Oh lighten up! But hey,it worked in WW2! I'd like to see one big nuke dropped on Tehran.Where's Reagan when we need him?!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)