Alacarte

cband1985

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Tn
Can't find this on Dish website so I will ask here. What is available alacarte? Or where can I find this info? Also can you get the encore channels as a premium? Don't mean the Starz channels, just the Encore channels. Thanks

Dish site still shows it (here is one channel as an example)

ENCORE (WEST)

Network: ENCORE (WEST)

Channel Name: ENCRW

Category: MOVIES

Description: Encore provides movies, all movies and nothing but movies. The greatest selection of movies you want to see and see again.

Satellite:

Channel:

Available in:

AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK
AMERICA'S TOP 250
ENCORE MOVIE PAK

Thanks Iceberg, I am planning to downsize my dish account soon. Spending way to much time with my fta system:). Would you happen to know the details of the sd Essentials package? Currently getting Top 250 + Hd. Getting very bored flipping thru 250+ channels when I watch 90% of my favorites on10-15 channels. If I didn't already have a 508 and a 721 I would just dump them. Love the dvr's though.

Short answer is I had the Essentials Service plus locals for like $17.25 and the Cinemax for $.01 promo.

To get it you have to phone in and get a 2nd tier rep like retention or something as most 1st tier reps think you mean the HD Essentials package. But you might get lucky with online chat and do it that way.

I got my own beefs with Dish but that package is absolutely the best piecewise for what it is.

My aunt has the encore pack + her locals and no basic programming pack ,so you can get the encore without it. You do have to pay the no basic programming fee of $7.00 if you don't have a top programming pack.

Would you happen to know the details of the sd Essentials package?
The Essentials Package changed to the "Welcome Pack" it runs 9.99 for the pack or 14.99 with locals and includes:

• AMC
  • Bloomberg
  • Boomerang
  • Comedy Central
  • CMT
  • Discovery Kids
  • Hallmark
  • HGTV
  • History
  • HSN
  • MSNBC
  • MTV2
  • Oxygen
  • QVC
  • ShopNBC
  • TBS
  • TLC
  • WE
  • Weather Channel
However, I thought it was for new subs only, don't know if you can downgrade your account to this tier. (Couldn't find any info yeah or neah)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)