Alaska HD (55xx) show up as "blacked out" events in schedule?

ESPNSTI

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Decorah, IA
Has anyone else seen the Alaska HD channels such as 5510 (HDNET) and 5505 (ESPN) show up in their list of events as "blacked out"?

I'm not in Alaska, but they appear anyway.
If I look in my favorites list or in the channel locks, those channels aren't listed at all.

It's frustrating since this causes a lot more events to show up in the schedule in my 622, and I'm hitting the 576 limit, which I suspect is causing nasty problems that I'm seeing such as timers that all of the sudden quit functioning.
By that I mean that a timer simply stops recognizing that there are new events, or any events at all.
If you do a search the results show "x" number of items, but the timer shows less than "x" number of events, or even zero.

This wouldn't be a problem if the timer would start working again if the number of events drop below 576 or if the timer would at least pick up the earliest event, however it seems that the timer is permanently broken unless you delete and recreate the timer.

I'm frustrated by the 96 timers, 576 events limit anyway, I always seem to hit at least the 96 timer limit and in my opinion hard limits like that is programming that belongs in the early 1980s.
I wish that at least the scheduling portion of the DVR was open source, and then I could damn well fix it myself.

P.S. Is there any way to look at the log files without taking out the hard disk?

My objection is you cannot block them 55xx in the channel locks because they don't exist there, yet they (1) clutter the listings and (2) take precedence over the 94xx channels in the Dish Pass selection. They will not record in the Dish Pass but they block the others as duplicates.

I was trying to get, e.g., Smallville on HDNet and my local CW in one timer but then the 55xx shows up. Fortunately, I have enough spaces below the 96 limit to enter separate 019-1 and 362 or 9422 entries. Without separate entries I would have be vetoed out of the usable HDNet programs as well as being cluttered beyond annoyance.

I'm glad you explained where the 55xx numbers can from.
-Ken

I've hit the 96 timer limit in the past myself. That is way to stupidly low a number. As for the 55xx channels, I completely agree. I am at only 476 now, but I do resent the events memory being taken up by the 55xx, especially when we can't even see or tune to them. Dish should allow us to lock the 55xx out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)