Albany, NY HD Locals

emerald97

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Albany, NY
Hi all,

First time poster. Does anyone have any info on when the the Albany, NY HD locals will become available. I know they have been uplinked and have seen a few postings/rumors about them coming online this week. I did receive an email stating they are coming soon:D

Since Hartford CT just turned on...

... (a month early) keep checking dishchannelchart.com and watch your e-mail for the HDTV local channels notice fm dishnetwork.

According to Scott G., Syracuse, NY and Albany, NY have won the lottery for being turned-on this week along with the CT and ME locals. Up to now all we have seen is CT and ME. What's the deal Scott, will I be getting Syracuse HD locals today?

... (a month early) keep checking dishchannelchart.com and watch your e-mail for the HDTV local channels notice fm dishnetwork.

I received the local HD announcement email from Dish about a week ago. I was surprised because Albany, NY was not included on any of the official roll out lists. I'll be psyched if we get it soon. :clap

So will I and I think a number of us got that same email. It looks like something happened to their uplink plans this week, unless they do something late this afternoon. I was expecting them to be turned on yesterday. I had a tech at the house several months ago and he told me that business slowed considerably when Direct turned on the Albany locals in HD; since this DMA includes southern VT which has one of the highest concentrations of satellite viewers relative to population (not sure where I read that but a scan of houses seems to confirm it), I would think Dish would want to turn these on.

Here in Syracuse, E* would be the only provider to have Syracuse HD locals other than Time Warner. I don't think D* even has them uplinked. They would definitly have a great marketing tool if they got off their lazy butts and turned them on. Coming "soon" only works for so long!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)